Washington Square Hotel
Dream Midtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$209
US$297
US$267
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$288
US$279
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$152
  • Room Service
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$117
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$134
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$126
GardenInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Breakfast included
1,554 results
All reviewsgreenwich villagewaverly placecontinental breakfastbob dylanbagelsgreat locationnew yorkrooms are smallart decofresh fruitdeluxe roomboutique hotelbrick wallaround the cornerlower manhattanstreet noisesubway station
Reviewed April 4, 2012

All the reviews about a great value and amazing location are true. We had the cheapest room, a Superior Double, which was more than adequate. Immaculate, and loved the vanity. Really didn't need anything else and we will book it again.

Still, if you need to be there more than two nights I'd suggest upgrading to a room with either more space, OR MORE IMPORTANTLY, a window looking out over the street. I needed to checkout or have some daylight shining in by then.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ski_Luv
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The room is very big, and fairly nice. The bathroom is lovely. The staff in the breakfast room ignored us for 30 minutes while chattering amongst themselves.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Waverley Place -- it's quieter!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Lovely little room newly refurbished and luxuriously decorated with taste. Extremely quiet because on the back. The corollary is that there is not much wind or light, despite the fact that I was on the 8th floor out of 9, so I had to leave the airconditionning on at all times, but you can’t have it all. Free WiFi in the room. Big enough safe in my room to store my small Vaio laptop. Sumptuous breakfast. They call it modestly: “complimentary continental breakfast” but nowhere on the continent you would find such a great breakfast. Everything you need is there: OJ, cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruit salad, toasts and several kinds of breads, croissants… And of course the location, in the heart of the Village, straight at the corner of Washington Square.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank cham0is
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We've just returned from a 4 day stay at the Washington Square Hotel and cannot sing its praises enough. The location is simply excellent. As first-timers in NYC it was great to stay in an area as laid back and lovely as Greenwich/West Village. You are a stone's throw away from endless bars, restaurants and of course the beautiful Washington Square park but still within walking distance or a cab/subway ride to the major sights. We actually walked the entire length of 5th Avenue from just outside the hotel, which was a great way to see New York by foot.

In terms of facilities, the room price included a continental breakfast which consisted of fruit, bagels, croissants, biscuits and muffins, plus yoghurt and cereal. We only ate the breakfast twice as we were spoiled by numerous diners, brunch venues, but it's adequate and will set you up for the day. Our room was admittedly tiny, but we spent very little time in there. It was immaculate in condition and very comfortable. A nice touch is a coffee machine and crisp white bathrobes. We didn't use the hotel bar but it looked lovely and the hotel is equipped with a gym (if you have the inclination, but I'd recommend pounding the streets to get your exercise).

The staff were also incredibly attentive and helpful. Always polite, the door staff were particularly friendly, offering shopping, eating and transport advice on our way out every day.

Things to do in the area that I'd recommend:

Walk along University Pl. (turn left out of the hotel and walk along Waverly Pl. till you see it) - loads of nice shops and cafes. We had brunch at Jacks outside in the sunshine, great menu and good service.

Go to Bleecker St. If you like live music you'll love it there, there's tons of live music bars, most with singers/bands/open mic nights on nightly, most free entry.

Eat at the Good Stuff Diner: a short walk along 6th Avenue. Simply the best breakfast I have ever eaten and a must for those wanting the quintessential NYC brunch experience. I'm still disappointed I only got to go there once.

I can't think of any negatives with this hotel, perhaps except the size of the rooms, but that's New York. All in all, great value for money, fantastic location and brilliant staff. I will be recommending the Washington Sqare to everyone I know who's planning a trip to New York, and I hope to go back there soon myself!

Room Tip: The smaller cheaper rooms are tiny and have no view, but this is typical of NYC and you really should be out enjoying the sights anyway.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple