“chic hotel, great location”

6 Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel
Ranked #308 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“chic hotel, great location”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I had a great time at 6 Columbus on a recent work trip. My room was comfortable and stylish with good amenities and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They did a great job restoring a dowdy old hotel and have really transformed it into a calm, beautiful space.

I got a fantastic deal on Priceline and will definitely be back, both for work and for play.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ralph R, General Manager at 6 Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Explorasi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me and the Trip Advisro community.
We very much appreciate your feedback.

Please dont hesitate to contact me anytime in case i can be of any assistance to you.

6 Columbus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
bot
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I've read mixed reviews on 6 Columbus in the past and was reluctant to book. I decided to give it a try for a one day trip into NYC in March. It was a very good choice. The staff is amazingly attentive and is willing to accomodate even last minute request. The hotel is situated in a great location adjacent to the Time Warner center. The hotel itself is nicely decorated and has a very chic boutique feel to it. The warm tiles in the bathroom floor were a definite plus for me. I have upcoming travel to NYC in the near future and will be booking here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear travellite36,

I am glad you decided to give us a try and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

New Zealand
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed here as it is really close to the Lincoln Centre. Rooms are 'compact' (this is NYC!) but with all amenities. There is no breakfast, but across the street, taking up all the basement of the Columbus Circle Centre, is a huge Whole Foods Market store that has great breakfast variety. There is a lively bar in the hotel, and a fine Japanese restaurant. The 59th st. 7 line subway interchange is across the street, it would be hard to find a more convenient place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Gooner51,

I am glad to hear that you had overall a great experience at 6 Columbus!
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me and the Trip Advisor community.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to 6 Columbus on your next trip to NYC.

Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed at 6 Columbus for its proximity to our concert venue. It was a wonderful experience I would recommend to anyone. The staff was both curdious and friendly. Quickly making us feel comfortable and welcomed, Peter the bellman, was always waiting for a chance to help us further discover the city. In a hotel of its caliber I would normally feel intimidated but we actually felt like "guests".

• Stayed April 2012
Dear JakeStewart,

Making our guests feel at home and welcomed is one of our core values here at 6 Columbus. I am glad you found us and enjoyed yor stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with me and the Trip Advisor community and taking the time to do so.

Please dont hesitate to contact me directly in case i can be of any assistance to you.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I recently spent about 5 days at this Thompson location and it was one of the best ones I have had the pleasure of staying at. This is the 5th different Thompson property I have been to and I have to say, the staff here were definitely well ahead of all the other locations. The front desk staff were more than accommodating with check in and my room was ready for me within minutes despite the fact I had arrived early. There was no attitude whatsoever and they were probably the most friendly front desk staff I have dealt with in years. We had a few different people arriving at different times and they had no problem gaining access to the room once their names we added to to reservation, which was proactively offered by the staff. The Bellmen were also fantastic. They took the time to meet me and find out a little about me without being too prying. They were able to walk the fine line of getting personal and maintaining a high level of professional service.

The location was also great. I really don't like mid town but this place is just north of all the tourist traps and right on the corner of central park. It was great to be able to grab a coffee in the morning and start my day within the tranquility of the park.

I will definitely be staying here again on future trips.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear anewleaf,

i am glad we were able to meet your expectations and create a memorable experience for you. A happy guest is the highest reward for us and we very much appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us and the Trip Advisor community.
I wil lmost certainly share your kind words with our staff.

Thank you again and i am very much looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to New York City.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2012

6 Columbus was a pleasant experience. The staff and managent were very friendly and helpful. They had many recommendations for food, drinks and sights to see. The rooms were very spacious but my only concern was the lighting was a little dim and could be bit brighter. Above all it was a great hotel and I would recommend anyone to stay here while visiting NYC.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Ralph R, General Manager at 6 Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Morgan H

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for sharing your experience.
Please contact me directly the next time you are making reservations at 6 Columbus and i will make sure to supply you with extra lighting.

Saugerties, New York, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We wanted a small boutique hotel near the park for this trip to New York, and I was lured by the location of this hotel and the nice photography on the hotel website. We negotiated a Queen Deluxe room (which was supposed to have 250 sq ft.) and breakfast for about $325 per night. The lobby is small a modern, with a cozy seating area. We arrived a little early, about 1PM and went across the street to the TIme Warner center to shop for a few hours till the room was ready. Even though the staff took my cell #, we didn't get a call and returned after 4PM to find that the room still wasn't ready. After waiting a few more minutes we were able to get into our room.

My first impression was dissapointment at the size. I specificlly picked the Queen Delux for the extra space, but this room seemed more like 175 sq ft than 250. Storage space in the room was minimal and my wife and I struggled to find space to unpack our two carry-on bags. The bathroom was adequately large though, and nicely appointed with modern fixtures and black tile walls. The one window had a view of the space between two buildings.

Internet access is a pricey $17 per day, even in the lobby, so we went next door to starbucks to get our wi-fi fix. I was also disappointed in the rooftop terrace, another selling feature of the hotel for me. Turned ou that this terrace was about 90 sq ft and had only a sliver of a view toward the park. Both times I went up there to get some air, nobody was around.

My wife and I both agreed that the high points of the hotel were the doormen and the breakfast. The doormen greeted us every time we passed by and chatted us up for our plans each morning, giving advice. With the Columbus circle subway stop right across the street this location was very convenient for getting around midtown. The continental breakfast in the hotel restaurant was free for us (but normally cost $25) and included a very nice fruit selection, granola, yougurt, and juice, milk, coffee.

Overall, we felt the room was too small for the price paid, and the hotel amenities were minimal.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve W
Dear Steve W

Thank you for taking the time to write your very detailed review and I am sorry to hear that you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for not getting back to you in a timely manner while you were waiting for your room.
I have made a note in your guest profile to ensure to give you a room with more storage space the next time you visit.
Our Rooftop bar A6 was actually closed while you were visiting but i am happy to report that we are in the process of renovating the space. Stay tuned for an opening date.

Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime in case i can be of assistance to you.