4,020 results
All reviewsupper west sidecentral parkfamily suitenew yorkmuseum of natural historytwo blocksgreat neighborhoodshared bathroomhardwood floorslincoln centeraround the cornerstreet noisetimes squarehudson rivermini fridgesubway stationflat screen tv
Reviewed October 20, 2011

the hotel was very nice and the staff are very friendly and helpful especially Marion from housekeeping, she was very helpful and treated us very well. She gave us everything we needed and made our stay very comfortable. Thank you very much Marion. We will definitely come back to this wonderful place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I'm from Denver and read a lot of reviews about a lot of hotels. A friend told me about BH and I read some of the other reviews before I booked my hotel room, and I was very happy about how great my stay was. Like everyone else says the taxes in NY are crazy, but that is city wide, not per hotel- so I was prepared for that expense. My girlfriend and I loved the rooms, we are both into older architecture and this building doesn't disappoint. It was also in a great locations, 2 blocks from the subway, easy to move up and down the west side by cab, and close to the park and good restaurants and bars. Plus the staff was great, helpful with our bags, getting around the city and good food recommendations. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The Belleclaire's location to UWS conveniences & Columbia University is its selling point. Free coffee in the morning in the lobby is another plus. There is also a Westside Market in front of the hotel which is great when needing to grab a quick snack. Rooms are small, but clean and the beds were comfy. Feather pillows would have been a huge plus - there were none available at this property. Elevators are small and slow, so I would suggest staying on a low floor to take advantage of the stairs. Our TV clicker's batteries needed to be replaced, which was done promptly by maintenance. I would recommend for short visits to the City.

Room Tip: You can avoid slow, small elevators by staying on a low floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I spend $300 including all the non-sense NY tax fees for one night (Tuesday) for this nonesense hotel. This place comes nowhere to a 3-star hotel as far as decor, room, ammenties, etc. This is one the least expensive places in Manhattan that I was able to find during NYC trip. Finding a hotel that offers quality and price is very hard to come by, and it is ridiculous that I can't find a nice decent one in NYC, unless you are super rich.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Adisa F, Director of Sales at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Dear Tjm0831,

We are committed to providing superior service, quality, and affordability among New York City hotels. I apologize for not meeting the standards which we believe are most important for all guests. Please contact me to discuss the concerns stated in the review. I hope to hear from you soon.

Adisa Feratovic
Director of Sales & Marketing
212-706-4479/ adisa@hotelbelleclaire.com

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Belleclaire iwith girlfriends on two occasions for Xmas shopping trips in recent years. We knew that we wouldnt be using the hotel much so we didnt see the point in throwing money away on a flashy expensive hotel. Not when we could use that money for shopping! We opted for the Hotel Belleclaire because of the excellent transport links - it's in a lovely area - near to Central Park and great non-touristy restaurants. Upper West Village. We even shared a bathroom (although I must admit that I probably would want my own bathroom if I return).

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

Dear SC223,

I am delighted you enjoyed your trip during shopping season! Since your last visit, we have redesigned our rooms and bathrooms. We also offer the following complimentary amenities; high-speed wireless, morning coffee, tea, welcome beverage upon arrival, business center, daily newspapers (M-F), and overnight shoeshine.
We would love to have you visit us again this year. Please contact us directly and follow us on social media for the best rates and exclusive holiday offers. We hope to see you soon!

Adisa Feratovic