4,035 results
All reviews upper west side central park family suite new york museum of natural history two blocks great neighborhood shared bathroom hardwood floors lincoln center around the corner street noise times square hudson river mini fridge subway station flat screen tv
Reviewed September 30, 2015

Stayed here for 2 nights during Pope Francis's visit and enjoyed my time. The hotel has a great Upper West Side location on 77th and Broadway, near the park, subway, shopping, Fairway Market, Cintarellas and some excellent restaurants.

Check in and check out were quick and efficient and staff were very friendly. The lobby is small and friendly with a small counter where one can get breakfast or a few other things and some tables for sitting and eating. The continental breakfast was fine and the croissants were truly excellent.

I asked for and got a light airy room up high on the 8th floor, room 808. There were three windows, two of which opened - very important to me. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was clean. Nevertheless, there were a few issues, some of which could be remedied by redecorating slightly:

- Although there was a good closet, there was no dresser or real place to put clothes that don't hang. Night tables and the desk had no drawers. Some sort of dresser would be a major addition if one were staying for a while.

- The shower was spacious, but the bathroom was minuscule, and would be difficult if you were large. There was only one small glass shelf for toiletries, and it tilted, so things tended to slide into the sink.

- The maid needs to be more careful cleaning. The disconnected telephone wire was lying on the floor and I had to trot downstairs to get people to come and fix it.

- Be sure to watch for room specials. Some are excellent. Staff actually helped me change my reservation to accommodate a web special and save me quite a bit of money.

In essence, this is a good boutique place for a New York stay that is not exorbitant.

Room Tip: Try up high - floors 7-10, and ask for rooms with light and air.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Toni N
BelleclaireGM, General Manager at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2015

Toni N,
Great review! Glad to hear you found our staff friendly and efficient! We look forward to your return visit to the Belleclaire!

Robert Holmes

Reviewed September 30, 2015

We stayed for 3 nights, it was a nice room on 8th floor (as I requested), in a good area, so it wasn't noisy at all. Air conditioning worked well too. I like the architecture of the hotel itself, old style building with cool interior design, especially in the lobby! Room was clean and comfortable. I was happy to have a Bigelow shampoo in our room, cause that's what I use recently. No complaints about room service as well.
The only minus was the long wait of the car from the valet. It took him about 45 minutes to get it even in the early morning! And there was no in&out privilege. But the rest of our stay was good.
Oh, and try those donuts at the lobby! They're delicious!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra R

Alexandra R,
Great review thanks for sharing! I have shared your kind words with our staff. We look forward to your return visit!
Robert Holmes

Reviewed September 28, 2015

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Check in was quick and staff were friendly and helpful. We asked for a quiet room which we got on the seventh floor but there was no view. To be fair this was not a problem due to the limited time we spent in the room. The room was spacious with 2 queen side beds which were very comfortable. The bathroom was adequate although no bath but a large walk in shower. The shower tap was a little difficult to manipulate to get a balanced temperature but nothing to complain about. Towels were changed every day if you wanted. Air con was a little noisy and from adjoining rooms. Whilst the window in the bathroom opened slightly in the main bed area it did not at all which was probably for safety reasons. There was an area for breakfast in the morning but we chose to eat out most mornings at Gigis just down Broadway. We loved the location near to 79th subway or 72nd for a little longer walk. Head up Broadway and towards Central Park and there are numerous bars and restaurants in a lively area. My only disappointment was contacting the hotel a week prior to leaving the UK asking if there was any hotel bus or directions to the hotel via the subway but there was no response. All in all it was a clean comfortable hotel in a great location. Most definitely would stay here again

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank pam2528
Reviewed September 28, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and absolutely loved it! Clean rooms with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Big enough bathroom and a nice closet to put clothes. Staff was very friendly and cleaning service excellent. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel at all. Close to a subway stop and a lot of restaurants and breakfast spots in the area. Will stay here again if I'll ever be back in NY.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2015

The hotel is ok but there was a cockroach on the floor. I'm very disappointed about this because I don't like insects especially cockroaches. Although the hotel is clean & the personnels are friendly except for the guy on the breakfast on our last day. The location is ok near to the metro station but far from the places we wanted to go like time square & some other places.

Room Tip: A room without cockroach