Hotel Belleclaire
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
The Milburn Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
The Amsterdam Inn(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Beacon(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Riverside Tower Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Inn New York City(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Excelsior Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Olcott(New York City)
  • Room Service
3,955 results
All reviewsupper west sidecentral parkgreat locationfamily suitenew yorkmuseum of natural historytwo blocksshared bathroomhardwood floorslincoln centeraround the cornerstreet noisehudson riversubway stoptimes squaremini fridgeflat screen tv
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We booked a superior King room for 6 nights that was very small with no drawers, no storage space. Tiny bathroom. Okay king bed. Awful rubber pillows. Great view of Hudson River. We left after one night.

Reviewed June 30, 2009

I booked a 2 night stay here through expedia for a room with a queen bed and a shared bath. As I was spending little time in the room I didn't feel the shared bath would be an issue. When I arrived to check in the first person I spoke to was unable to find my reservation. After consulting with another employee they were finally able to locate my reservation. When I attempted to enter my room neither of the key cards worked and I was forced to return to the front desk and obtain new keys. Once I was finally I'm the room I was apalled at the tiny bed. I was expecting a queen, not something that barely qualified as a double bed. Furthermore the light fixture hanging from the ceiling by it's wires served to increase my unease. I inquired with the front desk about the possibility of moving to a different room but was informed that none were available. At this point I decided that my money was better spent elsewhere, checked out and found another hotel. A few minor notes: there was only one working elevator (the service elevator was also a available), the free wireless service was extremely slow, and the room itself was incredibly tiny, even for a new york hotel.

Reviewed June 27, 2009

We booked through an outside site and found out when we got there that it was community bathrooms! Our room was tiny and didn't even have a queen size bed. There was barely enough room to walk around the bed and that was the only thing in the room besides a tv. We asked to switch rooms and they did not have any availability and didn't even apologize!

They charge you for internet and all of their concierge services are a total rip off! I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We had a great time staying at this hotel. It is near many restaraunts, bakeries, grocery stores and close to the red line subway so easy to get to downtown cheap! The staff was very friendly. They are in the middle of renovations but we didnt find it to be a problem. We did have to share a bathroom with 2 other rooms, but this was also not an issue. It had plenty of hot water, clean rooms and was quiet. We will probaly return to this hotel for our next trip.

1  Thank mochica33
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I felt like I was taking a risk by booking three nights in this hotel because I booked it through an outside website that I was not familiar with, but the deal was too good to pass up. I was nervous that it would turn out to be a major dud, so I am relieved to say that this was my favorite of the three hotels (in three different cities) that I visited during my trip!

The hotel was a little bit hard to find because there were no large signs for it. We found it as easily as we did mostly because I recognized the building from the photos here on TripAdvisor. This difficulty is partly because they are in the middle of renovations, so part of the outside is covered in scaffolding. However, there is always a doorman outside during the day, which makes the door a little easier to spot.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They let us check in almost two hours early and gave us a stack of brochures along with our keys. Later, when we stopped at the desk to ask about the umbrellas for sale, the clerk went to the back room to get one to show us, even though we weren't sure that we wanted to buy it. And the day before we left, our key cards stopped working, but the clerk re-activated it with no problem and was very gracious about it.

When we were waiting to check in, I overheard a family checking out who were complaining about construction noise (from the renovations). From what I heard (which really wasn't much), I thought that the clerk was very nice about it, and the family didn't seem to be upset when they left. I would like to say that anyone planning to stay here should be aware that there is construction going on. It never bothered us - we heard pounding once in a while, but not loud enough to be a disturbance - but we did notice that they never started work before 8 or 9 in the morning, and they always seemed to be done by about 5 in the afternoon. If you are planning to sleep late each morning or take naps during the day, you might want to request a room away from the construction site when you check in. However, if you are going to be up for the day by then, it probably won't bother you at all.

Our room was fantastic. We booked a budget room, which meant that we had a sink in our room, but we had to share the toilet and shower with two other rooms. However, this wasn't a problem at all. We never actually saw any of our neighbors and only had to wait for the bathroom once. (I know that we had neighbors because we did have to wait once, and because we sometimes heard them when passing outside their rooms in the hallway, but never through the walls inside our room.) Even though we were sharing a bathroom with strangers, it always seemed to be clean, although there were no towels provided in it - we had to bring one from our room.

Our room was practically perfect, especially for a budget room. We had a room with 2 twin beds, and they were very comfortable with warm duvets, although the pillows were more dense than I expected. I'm not sure what they were stuffed with, but it was comfortable.

We had our own window air conditioner, so we were able to control the climate ourselves. We also had a corner room, which is actually more of a turret (or rounded-wall) room, so we actually had windows on three sides, which gave us plenty of light and interesting views of the streets. There was plenty of floor space as well as a mini-refrigerator and flat-screen TV, and they have a movie pay-per-view option.

The location is also great. There is a subway stop two blocks away and several restaurants, coffee shops and bakeries within very easy walking distance. Central Park is a couple of blocks away, and Gray's Papaya - a great hot dog shop featured in the movie "You've Got Mail" - is only a few blocks away, for any movie buffs out there. The subway line is the 1 local train, which actually took us almost everywhere we needed to go as typical tourists. It was very easy to get around from this hotel.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, although my experience is only with their budget rooms. I gave 4 stars for cleanliness and rooms because of the shared bathroom, but it was really a great experience for us.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends