“Great location, lovely staff!”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #41 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Beautiful hotel, delicious food. Car service held up due to incredible traffic, and night bartender with spiked hair was arrogant and in a hurry to go home. However, Lisa, the morning desk clerk, could not have been more helpful. The internet had crashed and she helped me print my boarding pass, and even turned up a hair-tie for my daughter! We received a very nice letter and accommodation about the delay in our car, and we'll definitely go back. We'll just have cocktails somewhere else. Too bad.....

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet off 44th Street!
Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your perspective of what you found enjoyable at our property as well as what was lacking. I'm happy to hear we were able to resolve the issues with the car service yet I am disappointed that you were not given the service we strive to provide for our guests at the bar. I hope we can make it up to you in the future!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,890)

Reviewed 17 May 2012

My girlfriend and I travel each year to celebrate our birthdays. This was our second time in NY City and our second time at The Iroquois. The central location, just a few block from Time Square, the staff and service at The Iroquois are a “10”! Special thanks to Manager Kelly for accommodating our special needs during our stay and to our Concierge Sergio for all the great recommendations and assistance.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

I'm pleased that we could welcome you back on your trip to New York! It's very rewarding to hear your kind compliments of our staff and service. For that we thank you and I'm also very happy to hear I was able to assist in accommodating your needs. We hope to see you again the next time you're in the city.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Fabulous, well located hotel. Very friendly staff, especially the concierge who was a great help in organising a theatre visit for us.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Thank you for your review; it is always a pleasure to hear feedback from our guests. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, property, and our staff. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed at the Iroquois Hotel as a result of the hotel we had intended to stay at being booked out for 2 additional days we needed to stay in NY. The location of the hotel was the second most best thing about the hotel, the best was by far the service. The Concierge, Vanessa, was exceptional as was Theodora in the restaurant and the desk staff were also very good. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them. Unfortunately the hotel suffers from simply being a heritage building and as a result is very gloomy and dark. The bathroom is much smaller than we have ever experienced but that may not be out of the ordinary in New York and only one lift working meant continually having to wait . They have however done their very best under the circumstances to provide good quality linen etc. Our big disappointment was the hotel claimed not to have bed bugs and that is unfortunately not the case as I suffered from multiple bites in bed. Eradication of bed bugs is not easy, almost impossible and pest people just checking each week does nothing to solve the problem and it is rife in New York at even some of the best hotels.

Room Tip: I would think it is important in New York to have a room at the rear and high as noise is a problem...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank PeterLeafMilham
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Mr. LeafMilham,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know you enjoyed our service during your stay.
That being said, I was shocked to read of your claims of bed bugs at the end of your review. Please know we take these accusations seriously. We perform an extreme and thorough inspection when any possibility of bed bugs is reported to us. This procedure is done in addition to our weekly preventative maintenance. I am confused by your review as nothing was ever reported to us. Had we known about your bites sooner, we would have made the room you stayed in out of order immediately. Fortunately, no guest who has stayed after you has reported anything either. As part of our preventative measures though, we have arranged to have your room examined thoroughly by professionals to insure it is safe for future guests. Again, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, but we kindly ask you to please report matters like these as soon as possible in the future so we may take the proper steps to insure the safety of our guests. -Caroline Lakin, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2012

This hotel is small luxury hotel staffed by the most phenomenal people!!! From the time you to step on to the front door, check in, to time you get to your room the experience is truly outstanding. The conceirge staff, Sergio and Vanessa are incredible. They know you by name, they are warm and professional and cannot do enough for you just so that you can navigate the city well and have the best reservation at the best restaurants. The bell hop team are equally helpful topping off the experience in a memorable way. As it was raining one morning, the bell hop was quick rto offer an umbrella, which shocked me. Ireem at the front desk did everything to accomodate my requests of whuich there were a few of them. She was cordial, helpful and as accomodating as the circumstances would allow. The area is at the center of many poignant and great places in Manhattan. The theatre district was a stones throw away and shoppingall around you, Many convenient but elegant restaurant to dine and enjoy. I would stay here again for all the reasons sited but most importantly becaue of the fine staff

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Fabre144
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you for your kind compliments of our staff, it is always very rewarding to hear that one’s hard work is noticed and appreciated. While our location is convenient and ideal for many travelers we strive to go above and beyond the many other hotels in the area. Thank you for your recognition and we hope to see you on a future stay.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Nice hotel . Got a good rate at 220 a night. Was here for play and broadway. Location is very good so good that cab driver refused to take us to play which was only two blocks away. Room is small especially bathroom but it's the trade off for being in the city. Parking garage across the street . Clean room with modern decor. No noise with the exception of a loud rude guest who was talking loudly in hallway at 5 am. Did not try hotel resturant because I didnt see anything I wanted but tripadvisor reviews are good. One flaw was I asked housekeeper who was in hallway for additional flat sheet and she replied to call later and that there was not any. I did call later in the evening and was promptly brung up. For the convience of being close to time square and broadway at the same rate I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Felicia W

I'm pleased to hear you chose to stay with us for your theatre night in the city. I apologies for the noise in the hallway, we would have been more than happy to have spoken with the individual who was interrupting your evening. If an issue ever arises please do not hesitate to contact the front desk. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on a future trip.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Located near the theaters and great shopping this hotel has been only perfect on every one of our many stays. The desk crew always remember your name and your preferences concerning the location of your room. we have requested early check in and we recieved that perk. The bellman have been at this hotel forever and for good reason-they know their jobs and are always up-beat. Now the rooms, we have always stayed in one of the suites which are spacious and comfortable. There is a sitting room, separate bedroom and bathroom with a spa tub and a stall shower. Did I mention the robes and slippers, newspapers and special stuff like berries and nuts, cheese, bottled water, chocolates that just "appear" in your room. When we bring our teenage grandsons we get a suite with an adjoining room for them and it is roomy enough for the four od us. It just does not get any better than this. We will be back in October.

Room Tip: There are nothing but good rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank crab99

Thank you for sharing your experience; it is always a pleasure to welcome back frequent visitors, so I am just as pleased to hear your positive opinion of the property. We do our best to make a home away from home for our guests and I'm pleased to hear that we have succeeded in making your family comfortable. We look forward to seeing you in October!