“Christmas in NYC”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #40 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Belated review- My friend and I shared a room with two double beds. The loved the location of this hotel- it's perfect! Everything is very close. Staff was always extremely helpful and friendly. I liked them very much. Our room and bathroom was a little on the small side, but it was very clean and comfortable. I wished the bathroom had more room for toiletries (for two women, that is). The room was a little dark, which made it hard for two women to put on makeup in the morning. It's a smaller hotel than I imagined, but I liked it. The vintage bar (with vintage type drinks) was super cool. This is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mchsauceda
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you for your compliments of our property and staff, I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that the room was a bit too dark and small for your liking. But I am delighted to hear our cleanliness was up to your standards and you were able to find comfort in the room. We look foward in welcoming you back in the future!

Assistant Front Desk Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,929)

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We had a wonderful experience at The Iroquois Hotel! The staff were extremely pleasant, professional and helpful. The entire hotel was very clean and comfortable. Our room was the perfect temperature upon arrival and the bed was a fantastic place to put your feet up after walking around New York City. The location was very convenient and the parking garage directly across the street was a plus. There was delicious cider brewing in the lobby which was a special little touch. We will definitely stay at The Iroquois again the next time we visit NYC!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason R

Thank you for your such a kind review! . We are always striving to provide a most comfortable and enjoyable experience for our guest, It is wonderful to hear that we were able to do so throughout your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Excellent location for almost everything we did while in NYC. Staff was courteous and helpful. Our daughter and son-in-law's room was cold our first night there, and maintenance couldn't get the heat up, so they moved our kids to another room which was bigger and nicer as well as warmer the next day. The concierge got us the tickets we wanted for the Top of the Rock which was very helpful. Had breakfast our last morning at the Triomphe in the hotel because our daughter wanted eggs benedict. The restaurant was cold, service was indifferent, and the food was mediocre. Wouldn't eat there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank miharashi

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on trip advisor. It's always a delight to hear feedback from our guest. I would like to apologize for the temperature issue you had encountered on your first night. But knowing that we were able to accommodate you and move you to a room of your liking is great to hear. We really appreciate your compliments on our location and service. I am sorry to hear your experience at our restaurant wasn't satisfactory. Our concierges on duty would have been more than happy to recommended other near by restaurant that offer eggs benedict. We hope to welcome you back soon!!

Reviewed 9 January 2013

We were really pleased with our choice of this Hotel,from a look at various on the internet. The staff (Patrick & Irem) were very friendly(we were grateful for the upgrade) & helpful in lots of ways & Concierge Vanessa was excellent so that we could find our way around N.Y. We did a lot of walking so it was a good starting point for lots of visits.We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in their restaurant(& saw a well known film star!).There are lots of shops within yards of its front doors for eating & shopping.Very happy to recommend it & hope to return again one day.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rlhtravel

I will like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Iroquois over the various hotels in New York City. I'm pleased you found our property comfortable and convenient. Your compliments of our staff are very much appreciated. Irem, Patrick and Vanesssa are greats assets to our team! I will pass your kind words to them it will surely brighten up their day. We hope to welcome you in again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

The Iroquois was our 3rd hotel stay as part of our 17 days holidays in Manhattan. We stayed for four nights there and that was not enough to enjoy the hotel. We are grateful for granting our preferences as most hotels don't do, really big thank you. Concierge Vanessa was most helpful in finding the pet store where I could purchase my dog his specialty breakfast which he ran out of the following day after check in. This hotel definitely deserves higher rating on Trip Adviser compare to some for front hotels I stayed in. The receptionists were all very pleasant. Beautiful Frette towels were very pleasant and our Queen size bad was so comfortable to sleep and sit on. Plenty of towels more than we needed and we never had to ask for extra. We were on the top floor and water pressure was excellent. The hotel has sauna and jacuzzi bath tub in the gym, but I was so ex hosted from walking and took a bath using the energizing body wash provided and it was so comfortable to sit in for a regular bath tub, and there was plenty of hot water to take shower afterwords. The hotel features fairly priced snack bar drinks, has beautiful bar and lounge bar. There is complementary coffee in the lobby in the morning and cyder all day long. All three of us loved the library room: small, but so cozy and inviting. There are 2 computers with keyboards and mouse there, was refluxing to use over lap tap. We had continental breakfast included and loved the choices offered on the menu. After returning back home we went shopping and purchased the foods that we ate for breakfast to continue our indulgence of eating healthy breakfast. We loved our experience in The Iroquois with no spot light on stuff who are there for you when you need them and the location is the best that it can be right next to Sofitel were we stayed years ago, having to have the same great view for much less. We are especially grateful to the doorman and the manager who assisted us to load our 3 weeks worth of luggage on to Access A Ride which could not lower the lift to load our luggage for us. This was the only hotel I booked without reading a single review as I was pressed on time and I am glad I did. We really felt reluxed after all the activities we've done spending holidays in the city.

Room Tip: We love a lot of windows, so we asked for room with bay windows, but at the expense of the size of t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank et49589
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Thank you for your such a wonderful review! It is a honor to have welcomed you as a guest just like yourself. We are continuously striving to provide a most comfortable and enjoyable experience for our guest. It is wonderful to hear that we are succeeding in doing so. I will be more then happy to pass on the kind compliments to our head concierge Vanessa as well, this will definitely brighten her day. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Came here for New Year's Eve. Very easy walk to Times Square, Empire State Building, subway, Theatre District. Small hotel but very nice rooms. The glass and marble bathroom was spotless, crisp and comfortable white sheets. Nice bathrobes, nightly chocolates on the pillows, and all the amenities one would expect from a 4 star hotel. There was no complimentary breakfast though. It is as nice as Westin imho. Friendly staff and good customer service. Didn't have any problems with bed bug bites like I've had when I stayed at cheaper hotels. Expensive but when compared to others it was worth it. If you're gonna spend that much money for New Year's eve this hotel is worth it. I definitely would stay here again if I ever need to visit Manhattan.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us out of the many options in New York City. I'm pleased to hear that we were able to live up to the standards that you expected from us, not only from room comfort and cleanliness, but to the service as well. We thank you again for taking your time and sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community we look foward to welcome you in the future!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Look no further than the Iroquois. Subway just around the corner, Broadway, Grand Central, Bryant Park and the Rockefeller Centre. Our room was spacious (even when filled with our shopping and suitcases), bathroom huge and included a bath, bed luxurious with gorgeous sheets and coffee in lobby was a great start to the day. The staff were always helpful and friendly. I will stay here again if I am lucky enough to visit NYC again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank all4walls
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Thank you for submitting your review on trip advisor. It's a pleasure to hear such kind feedback and I'm pleased that we could accommodate you, and I am glad to hear our staff were able to be of assistance during your stay.