11,227 results
All reviews signature room rum house times square rum bar great location new york art deco renovated room room key an older hotel the theater district coffee machine big apple street noise small room central park floor
Reviewed October 28, 2006

I stayed in the hotel in a triple room on the 10th floor for 4 days with a daughter and grand daughter. Following the bad ratings on this site we feared general low standards. However the 10th floor room was nice, and the reception staff efficient and polite. The location on Manhatten is almost unbetable.
K. N. Thygesen, Munkebo, Denmark.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank Gue
Reviewed October 26, 2006

I used this website to compare hotels that my holiday company were offering. I could see from the photos on here that the cheapest hotel was a pit but for an extra £9 a head we could stay in the Edison, which looked clean.

I was only in New York for a weekend so only needed the room for sleeping and having a bath so that's what this review is based on. We arrived and went straight to our room where we found it to be clean and comfortable. Although there were three of us there were only two double beds but we were warned about that when we booked and wasn't a problem. The bathroom was a little on the small side and could of done with a little more storage but it served it purpose. The shower was fixed to the wall so you could have a really good shower and it dripped constantly but luckily we could not hear that when in bed. The television was huge and we had loads of channels (not that I had time to watch anything) but some weren't tuned in properly.

The maid would come in early so if you want a little lay in then I would suggest you put the do not disturb notice up as they can access the rooms even if you lock them!

There aren’t many things that you could say that are really bad points about the hotel. The best point is the location....
everything we visited was within walking distance from the hotel apart from the Statue of Liberty but it gave us the excuse to use the subway.

I’m not sure about long stays but for just a weekend this hotel is excellent for the price!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank doorwoman
Reviewed October 18, 2006

This was awesome. We paid 240 a night, and were certain that it was going to be pretty shabby. it wasn't at all! great price for the location.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank egyptqueen25
Reviewed October 18, 2006

I went to New York with four friends from 12 to 16 October 2006. We stayed in the Edison Hotel. I found the location was excellent. We were right in the middle of Times Square and there was a subway station close by. We could walk to Macy's which was a couple of blocks away. The rooms were small enough but they were very clean and comfortable. We found some of the reception staff to be a bit rude but other than that I cannot fault the place. I would definitely reccommend the Edison Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
4  Thank 150,782
Reviewed October 16, 2006

I take theater groups into New York every year. I have been using the Edison for 18 years. It is an old hotel, but the service is good for the money. The rooms are clean. The location is wonderful! The food ok, but the breakfast is probably the best value in New York. I always recommend the Edison due to it's location and the price. In fact I will be taking 60 more people there this December.

• Stayed: December 2005