This is really pretty picky to mention, but the elevator service in the hotel is really a bit of a problem. During our visit, only one elevator was operating most of the time. You really had to add an extra 10 minutes to any planned meeting times!
Elevators aside, The Blakely is outstanding. Spacious, comfortable rooms, well decorated and comfortably appointed; modern plumbing and bathrooms; free wifi internet access with really good bandwidth; breakfast included; wonderful Midtown location on (by Manhattan standards) a quiet street. Back in the "picky" department, the bath towels will soft and fluffy could have been a bit larger.
The staff was universally thoughtful, responsive and available. I had left my iPhone in my room when I checked out. By the time reached the ground floor and before I had missed it, housekeeping had found it, called the front desk and brought it to me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In heart of Midtown Manhattan Central Park West, steps way from Times Square and 5th Avenue Shops. A 4 Diamond Property, voted one of top hotels by US News 2014, Zagat Best Hotel 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Blakely New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blakely New York Hotel New York City
- Blakely Hotel New York City
- Blakely New York City
- Blakely New York Hotel