“Grate rooms ,locatin and service”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #199 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Grate rooms ,locatin and service”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

It is not cheep but worth evry dollar
Frendly and helping staff
They let us use the swimming pool and the internet free of charge

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,933)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed here on March 4th and they missed my wake-up call. Luckily, I woke up on my own in time for my conference. When addressing the issue, the front desk staff were helpful, promising a comp and apologizing for the mishap. Then, the GM emerges (Ana), and insists that their records showed an answered call, and as a result, could offer NO comps, not even priority club points. She basically called me, someone who's stayed at this property many times and was here on business, a liar, and took the word of a computer over mine. I found this distasteful and in the worst traditions of the hospitality industry. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank ERCauswell
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Please accept my apology for the situation you described. I have discussed the situation with the staff involved and reviewed our service standards with them to ensure such a situation does not occur again.

We do hope you will give us another change. I would personally like to assist with a future reservation and do hope you will reach out to me directly when you are ready to book.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is one of the Times Square hotels, so the location in the Big Apple is great. I was on a business trip and took the opportunity to have my family, with a 2 yo baby, join me for the weekend. We took one of the concierge level rooms - top floors - and the view from the room on the Manhattan skyline was just beautiful. The breakfast room at the concierge level was being refurbished at that time so we weren't given the possibility to appreciate the view from there but I did understand the necessity to renovate. A very negative and disturbing event occurred, though : I got a phone call, that woke us and mainly the baby up in the middle of the night, at 2:00 AM with a "What's your name?". No "sorry to wake you up, sorry to bother you, this is the front desk, etc.", just "What's your name"!!!!!!!!!!!. Of course, at this point I got annoyed and angry. It ended up being a computer mistake and the phone call came from the receptionist who wanted to check who I was !!!!!!!! She hung up without an apology.... I had to go downstairs, at the front desk to get a "sorry, it was a mistake". I passed on my complaint to the night manager who just answered "Sorry, these things happen". Same thing at the bar where either we waited to get our orders taken or had to go to the counter the get some attention. I travel quite often and have never met such an uncaring, unfriendly behaviour from any staff. Good for them the hotel location and rooms were OK because I doubt guests would feel welcome to come back.

Room Tip: Choose the concierge level rooms for a great view of Manhattan.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank WorldtrotterCH
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Please accept my apology for the service you received during your stay. I certainly understand how upset you must have been to receive such a phone call and not receive a heartfelt apology after we discovered our error. I have addressed your review with the teams involved as I was truly disappointed to read about your experiences. Thank you for you candid feedback and please reach out to me directly if I can assist with future reservation. I wish to personally welcome you and your family back to New York.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 5 March 2012

great location (literally on time square) nice hotel and amazing service. we suggest you to use the concierge service in the hotel (they will help you to find the best places to eat an to hang out).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Good hotel with great location.
Nice clean rooms. Good service from the staff.
Will definately consider to order room in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
I enjoyed reading your review and am very proud of my team for making you feel welcomed. We hope you will return again soon.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I just returned from a weekend with my sister and daughter. This is an excellent location,especially for a first time visitor to NYC. Our rooms were very clean,the beds soooo comfortable! Service was exceptional,every staff member greeted us with smiles and offers of assistance,and staff is everywhere you turn!
This morning(at 7 AM) it was so lovely to take my tea and wonderful fresh muffin from the Brasserie and sit in a comfy chair overlooking Times Square-and watch it slowly come alive!
I'd like to acknowledge Mr Louie Oliver for his professionalism and Ms.Anna Jimmenez for her expert assistance.We will definitely be returning to the Crowne Plaza Times Square.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Larkspur, California
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Great location toward the uptown end of Times Square - high rise enough to be out of the noise. Great views. Lots of visitors from overseas adds a global character.
But it is expensive... breakfast will run $30 or more! The bar is convenient - pleasant - but 4 drinks was $75. with tip. Cars, valet, doormen - it is all "palm Sunday" as they have a hand out for their tip.
One downside... the elevators are wholly inadequate -- the wait for a ride can be interminable. Bad design or just too many customers? Admittedly a small annoyance.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the Broadway side of the building for best views of the lights.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business