“The core of the apple... New York, apple... you get it.”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #201 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The Crowne Plaza Times Square is as the name suggests right on times square. For a sightseeing short trip in New York this is an excellent location. A lot of major attractions are in walking distance from this hotel i.e. Central Park, Top of the Rock (best attraction), Empire State Building (long lines, if one option go Top of the Rock, you see empire state building, Chrysler building and better views of central park), Museum of Modern Art, Broadway ticket sales, Guggenheim, Metropolitan museum (stop off while strolling through central park) and also planet hollywood in times square (I had my doubts at first, but the New York Pass offered is amazing value and well worth the investment).

The room I stayed in was well maintained, spacious for singles or couples and very clean. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the view was the bright lights of times square. Check in and check out was nice and quick, and i would easily recommend staying here for a short stint in New York where you try to experience as much as you can. It can be a bit pricey for a room but with the comfortability and location you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Damian G
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

I was so thrilled to read you review. It is nice to know you found value and comfort here in TImes Square. We hope your travels take you to NYC again soon.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (9,999)

Reviewed 7 March 2012

My wife and I stayed from Sat-Tues. Had a corner room with King. As for NYC hotels, it was one of the bigger rooms I have stayed in. All the employees were very friendly. However, the concierge was not very knowledgeable about tours and info we inquired about. Restaurant was good, but not cheep.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room overlooking Times Squre
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We booked this hotel through Priceline, and got a very nice rate for the period we stayed in (mid Feb). We got in touch with Customers' Relations (agent Emily Rodriguez), and asked about an upgrade to the concierge level. We also mentioned that we would be celebrating a special occasion. Well, she took care of everything! Found us a nice rate for the upgrade (definitely worth the price we paid for!), and also provided us a king corner bedroom, in the last floor.. wow! What a view!
The room was marvelous! Very spacious, clean and well furnished... also very quiet, concerning you're in Times Sq. We had a blast!
Complimentary breakfast was delicious! We had excellent meals the seven days we stayed in.
We had some minor issues concerning the heating in our room (for 3 days we had problems to get the water in the shower hot/ another day, we had problems with the a/c). But we called maintenance and had it all fixed up.
Location is amazing, very convenient to the subway, and if you enjoy walking walking like us, there's plenty to do nearby.
Also very convenient for Broadway shows.
Service is rather impersonal, if I might say. Although check in was easy and fast, all attendants are very business like, and for people who are not travelling in business, this might seem a bit too cold... Concierge service is ok, can't say it is remarkable.
Elevators are a bit slow at times, but it wasn't a major issue.
All in All, we can say we enjoyed our stay, and would be back/recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the concierge level, even if you have to pay for it. It's all worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sitraveler_11
Reviewed 6 March 2012

It is not cheep but worth evry dollar
Frendly and helping staff
They let us use the swimming pool and the internet free of charge

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed here on March 4th and they missed my wake-up call. Luckily, I woke up on my own in time for my conference. When addressing the issue, the front desk staff were helpful, promising a comp and apologizing for the mishap. Then, the GM emerges (Ana), and insists that their records showed an answered call, and as a result, could offer NO comps, not even priority club points. She basically called me, someone who's stayed at this property many times and was here on business, a liar, and took the word of a computer over mine. I found this distasteful and in the worst traditions of the hospitality industry. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank ERCauswell

Please accept my apology for the situation you described. I have discussed the situation with the staff involved and reviewed our service standards with them to ensure such a situation does not occur again.

We do hope you will give us another change. I would personally like to assist with a future reservation and do hope you will reach out to me directly when you are ready to book.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is one of the Times Square hotels, so the location in the Big Apple is great. I was on a business trip and took the opportunity to have my family, with a 2 yo baby, join me for the weekend. We took one of the concierge level rooms - top floors - and the view from the room on the Manhattan skyline was just beautiful. The breakfast room at the concierge level was being refurbished at that time so we weren't given the possibility to appreciate the view from there but I did understand the necessity to renovate. A very negative and disturbing event occurred, though : I got a phone call, that woke us and mainly the baby up in the middle of the night, at 2:00 AM with a "What's your name?". No "sorry to wake you up, sorry to bother you, this is the front desk, etc.", just "What's your name"!!!!!!!!!!!. Of course, at this point I got annoyed and angry. It ended up being a computer mistake and the phone call came from the receptionist who wanted to check who I was !!!!!!!! She hung up without an apology.... I had to go downstairs, at the front desk to get a "sorry, it was a mistake". I passed on my complaint to the night manager who just answered "Sorry, these things happen". Same thing at the bar where either we waited to get our orders taken or had to go to the counter the get some attention. I travel quite often and have never met such an uncaring, unfriendly behaviour from any staff. Good for them the hotel location and rooms were OK because I doubt guests would feel welcome to come back.

Room Tip: Choose the concierge level rooms for a great view of Manhattan.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank WorldtrotterCH
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Please accept my apology for the service you received during your stay. I certainly understand how upset you must have been to receive such a phone call and not receive a heartfelt apology after we discovered our error. I have addressed your review with the teams involved as I was truly disappointed to read about your experiences. Thank you for you candid feedback and please reach out to me directly if I can assist with future reservation. I wish to personally welcome you and your family back to New York.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

great location (literally on time square) nice hotel and amazing service. we suggest you to use the concierge service in the hotel (they will help you to find the best places to eat an to hang out).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple