“Fantastic Location, Nice Property”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #283 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chicago
“Fantastic Location, Nice Property”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I just spent a week here as part of a culinary conference. I found the location of the hotel wonderful, a great spot to serve as home base for all of your Broadway shows. Just a great part of town altogether if you enjoy long, energized walks. Lots of dining and bars nearby. The staff was warm and friendly. The view was wonderful. My room was made up very shortly after I left it each day. Lovely view. And absolutely NO bed bugs!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank paradisegrains

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (950)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband, a friend and I stayed at this hotel during St. Patrick's day in March. The location was incredible and the hotel was very clean. We had a view of the ball in Times Square. This hotel is right across the street from Good Morning America and the crowd can get a little loud in the morning. The only thing I did not like about this hotel was that they hold $100 a day for incidentals. That can be troublesome for those of you on a strict budget like me. If you do choose this hotel just prepare for that and it will be fine. Have fun in NYC!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The hotel is located in the heart of Times Square and within walking distance to all the tourist sites. This also means a lot of noise a night and a lot of people to move around while walking. However, the staff was not very professional and a little rude at times when asking the simplist questions. We were there for a conference this past weekend and for the most part everything else was ok. The hotel is a little run down as evidence in the furniture and decor. I'm just glade that it was only a weekend and not a whole week with family.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel does not care about their clients, I stayed 5 nights for a conference being held there. One day the room was not clean by 6:30pm and we had to ask to have it cleaned and still they did not leave the proper number of towels. The room keys did not work well in the locks and we constantly were replacing them. The worst was they over charged us $75.00 a night and we had to ask rate we were given at time of booking. If we had not checked our bill the hotel would have over charged us. We also learned we were not the only ones the hotel tried to charge over the rate given.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, 18 October 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am the new general manager of the hotel and I want to personally apologize and see how we can make the hotel better for future stays. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph
Atlanta
Reviewed 2 April 2012

First, let me start off by stating that the hotel is in a great location and you can get a good price on priceline if you are going with your spouse or by youself.

I did book the room through priceline and I won't use Priceline or stay at this hotel ever again. I booked this hotel for a girls weekend for my wife and her sister. They wanted separate beds. The hotel was going to charge us $50 for the change (which would have made it a higher price than what I found on their website). The customer service manager didn't even know the priceline policy and thought that I could pick the hotel room assignment online. She also was very rude. I know my issue is mainly with priceline on this, but how she treated me would lead me to never return.

On a side note, read the rules for booking rooms on priceline and make sure you know what hotels they partner with. They could charge you for 2 double beds or 1 king bed.

I will never use priceline again or stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Larry S
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed at the Millennium Broadway Premier hotel between 23rd Feb and 1st March on our first trip to New York, we stayed at the Millennium hotel in Singapore so were keen to try out your New York branch! The lovely Monique (premier concierge) welcomed and checked us in. Make sure you request a room on a high floor - the room we were initially allocated was on floor 3 and was quite dark during day light but illuminated at night by the up-lighters which light the hotel (fixed directly outside of the bedroom windows). There was a lot of street noise (I realise is expected in NYC, but not to this extent) and air-con noise and because my husband was on business the importance of a good night sleep was paramount so we contacted Monique and she kindly arranged for us to be moved the next day (the hotel was full for the first night) to a higher level room. We were shown to a room on floor 16 which literally took my breath away and had the most amazing room views of Times Square. It also gave us a much needed quiet sleep environment, a peaceful retreat where my husband could work and because of this really made our NYC experience a trip to remember. Monique to the rescue!
The drinks lounge was always very busy around complemntary service time, and due to the odd layout of the room there were rarely seats available to taken advantage of the complementary drinks/snacks we'd paid extra for. However there were a lot of diners close by and we preferred to frequent the nearby starbucks. The breakfast used the same seats (sofa-style) which wasn't very comfortable to sit and eat in the morning.
The hotel lobby and communal areas were always clean, tidy and smart. We used the hotels taxi service to get to JFK (approx. $10 more than a public cab but the car was much more comfortable) which was a nice ride, though if you're taking this option make sure you have change - the driver claimed not to have any change so we ended up having to pay a huge tip!
Monique and all of the other Premier staff were great hosts: approachable, professional but also provided a personal experience during our stay. Thanks to the hospitality at the Millennium Broadway Premier hotel we can’t wait to get back to NYC, and we’ll be staying here again and again!

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor facing west 44th street, view of Times Square