“Great location”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #282 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Millenium hotel for my 50th birthday. We had a 43rd floor room which was very satisfactory. We had a partial view of the Empire state building as well a times square. The location was excellent for all the main sights we wanted to see and all were within reasonable walking distance. Times square was a couple of minutes walk. As mentioned by other reviewers it is close to good morning america studio but as we were on the 43rd floor the cheering was noticable with the window closed. My wife did ask for an extra blanket in the morning but it had not arrived by nigh time so she had to ring up again and it was brought up directly. The only thing I would say needed to be adressed by the hotel manager was the unfriendly attitude by the man on reception who checked us in thankfully the rest of the staff were not like him - not got his name though!

Room Tip: Higher floor quiter
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickandShe
There are newer reviews for Millennium Broadway New York Times Square

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in a Junior Suite with a PHENOMENAL view. We were essentially directly at the new 9/11 Memorial and the water. The hotel was quite clean and well equipped, located right off the subway, and the staff was very helpful. The suite layout was perfect for our family. Would stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: The corner junior suite was incredible. Phenomenal view from the main "bedroom" area and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at the Millenium Broadway on St. Patrick's eve, 2012, due to a flight delay by Delta. My husband's work concierge made the reservation for us on the fly, and because we booked at the last minute, the only room available for our family of four was a suite with a king bed and pullout sofa. We arrived late in the evening due to day of airport hassles, and after checking in, asked to have the sofa bed made up while we went out to dinner. When we returned two hours later, it still had not been done, so we had to phone down to the front desk again. The king bed was quite comfy, but the sofa bed was typically lumpy and sagged in the middle. Nevertheless, the location was spectacular, with its Times Square location. We left our bags at the hotel the next day while we went sightseeing and returned at the end of the day to find everything intact, including my son's iPad, which we had left in his bag. All in all, a great location. They also have a theater desk, which was helpful, and good bellstaff, which made arrangements for a van to drive us back to the airport at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherrie F
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Bed bugs and poor management, lack of ownership which ruined my vacation. Thanks

• Stayed: April 2012
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am the new general manager of the hotel and I want to personally apologize and see how we can make the hotel better for future stays. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We didn't know what to expect, but we loved it. We were in the Millennium's Premier Tower April 3-5, 2012. Clean, very modern room, and plenty of space. Housekeeping was knocking on the door before 9:00 a.m. We were on the 18th floor. Noise was not an issue. When we checked in we were surprised to learn there was a free cocktail hour in the late afternoon and a continental breakfast in the morning. Very nice. Best of all was the view. The entire outside wall was glass - a "window wall." The location cannot be beat. Each morning I strolled past the ABC building and went to Starbucks for my coffee and NY Times. Times Square in the morning when it's quiet is an experience to treasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the hotel's Premiere Tower, and ask about the cocktail hour and continental br...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steveku2
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have stayed at this property three times. The most recent in March, 2012 was a big disappontment. The location, right at Times Sq in the theatre district is wonderful. Room was fine, but it ends there. I had to drag my own bags out of my car, had to ask inside if they still had valet parking, and bring my bags to the check-in desk. (3PM) No bellmen around?? . After check-in I was approached - (too late men). No one greets you. No "welcomes" from staff, and it took 6 hours of "tech desk" help to get wireless in my room. Attentiveness to customers is needed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I just spent a week here as part of a culinary conference. I found the location of the hotel wonderful, a great spot to serve as home base for all of your Broadway shows. Just a great part of town altogether if you enjoy long, energized walks. Lots of dining and bars nearby. The staff was warm and friendly. The view was wonderful. My room was made up very shortly after I left it each day. Lovely view. And absolutely NO bed bugs!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business