“Just by being in Manhattan does not mean hotel is good”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #286 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Louisville, Kentucky
“Just by being in Manhattan does not mean hotel is good”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Forget about Millennium this is not even yearly place. Bad rooms and really bad service and staff. They treat you as if they are doing a favor by giving you a room or a place to stay. Room did not have towels and I had to call four time to get one. Even the room was old and haggered. They could cover it up with good service but too far fetched to expect from them. These guys think that they are right in Manhattan so they really do not have to provide any service at all and the guest will come no matter what. Front office staff was even worse. Please avoid this place. Only if you have to no place to stay yep this hotel is better than sleeping on road.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, 18 October 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am the new general manager of the hotel and I want to personally apologize and see how we can make the hotel better for future stays. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The room was definitely not as nice as we'd hoped, but the service was very good, and the rooms was clean.
Curtains didn't block out the neon lights, and the thermostat didn't work well.
It was very close to Times Square, which was a great thing, but definitely not a good view (except for a teeny corner of the window where you could see "The Ball" that drops on new years.
We udgraded to the premier (next door). It included free breakfast and evening cocktail reception. The breakfast was continental, nice but not great.
The reception had a great array of cheeses, veggies, etc. Wine and beer were good. If you have a few minutes to stop by there it definitely is worth the extra $$ for the room.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

The hotel was at an excellent location. One could walk to most places and public transportation was close by. Room wasgood and the view great. Staff was businesslike but not over-friendly

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

New York, NY
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Worse than terrible. I was at the hotel on a Sunday afternoon to collect a pass for a conference which my colleague had left for me the day before. My colleagues and I had arranged it so that one colleague would use the pass on Friday and leave it for the other colleague to use on Saturday and then leave it for me to use on Sunday. The concierge totally botched things up. After waiting around in the lobby for an hour trying to find out what happened to the pass, they finally found it marked in the envelope exactly as I told them it was. Not only were they careless and inattentive but the day before my horrible experience, they irresponsibly gave my colleague the wrong pass to the conference which means that someone else was not able to go. Rather than apologize for their mistake, they accused my colleagues of leaving the pass unattended/unmarked at the concierge desk. Everyone I asked for help was extremely unprofessional. As a result, I showed up to the conference just to see the end of the session, and I missed out on a pretty important meeting.

If they can't handle a simple mail exchange, then I would bet that they can't handle towels.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Regards,
Joseph
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Millenium hotel for my 50th birthday. We had a 43rd floor room which was very satisfactory. We had a partial view of the Empire state building as well a times square. The location was excellent for all the main sights we wanted to see and all were within reasonable walking distance. Times square was a couple of minutes walk. As mentioned by other reviewers it is close to good morning america studio but as we were on the 43rd floor the cheering was noticable with the window closed. My wife did ask for an extra blanket in the morning but it had not arrived by nigh time so she had to ring up again and it was brought up directly. The only thing I would say needed to be adressed by the hotel manager was the unfriendly attitude by the man on reception who checked us in thankfully the rest of the staff were not like him - not got his name though!

Room Tip: Higher floor quiter
1 Thank NickandShe
Phoenix
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in a Junior Suite with a PHENOMENAL view. We were essentially directly at the new 9/11 Memorial and the water. The hotel was quite clean and well equipped, located right off the subway, and the staff was very helpful. The suite layout was perfect for our family. Would stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: The corner junior suite was incredible. Phenomenal view from the main "bedroom" area and...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family