“Excellent location”

Ranked #284 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed in the Millenium Broadway for 3 nights for a conference at the adjoining Hudson Theater. The location is excellent - it's right by Times Square but off to the side so you can get away from the crowds and noise. There is an entrance from 45th and 44th streets. I arrived before 4:00 and was told I couldn't check in till after 4:00 and though I was sent a confirmation for a room with a king bed, I was given room 1708, which has 2 queen beds. It looked like the room was remodeled, but it had the feeling and scent of oldness, particularly in the closet. Perhaps the premium rooms on the higher floors were better. The drapes did a good job of blocking out the bright billboards and the room was pretty quiet, considering its location. The beds are sleep number beds; we didn't try to adjust them as they were pretty comfortable as is.

Cleanliness was somewhat of an issue. I found dirty towels on the floor behind the bathroom door from the prior occupant. Then I got back to my room late in the afternoon the first day and it hadn't been cleaned. Someone did come fairly quickly to clean the room after I called and I didn't have any issues with cleaning after that.

Wifi is not free and you have to pay a fee for every device - so if you want to use your smartphone, your ipad and a laptop to go online, you'll have to pay the fee 3 times! Terrible! Sockets were also in short supply.

Our experience here wasn't horrible, but we'll probably stay elsewhere when we go back to NY.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My wife and I like to travel into NYC for a Saturday night Broadway show a few times a year and make a weekend of it by spending Saturday night in town. We call it our "Play-Date”.We usually check the Travelzoo website for good deals on the Millennium and Hotel Mela located on the same street. The millennium is particularly handy during the frigid months due it's close proximity to both good restaurants and theaters - they was one instance we walked out the front door and had dinner across the street at Osteria al Doge - went back into the hotel and and through it to W 45th Street and walked less than a block to the show. Staying warm is critical when the wind is blowing down those streets.
As for the rooms, they are completely clean and comfortable. We like asking for the high floors so we can hear the wind blowing outside, and get a better view of the colorful Times Square scene. BUT, make sure you get the discounted price at Travelzoo.

Room Tip: high floors
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank West46th
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I left my wallet in my room when I checked out. The hotel mailed it to me at no charge and nothing was missing from it, not even the cash! Fantastic location, but the great location is a trade-off for a little bit of street noise.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Clearly, one chap at recpetion at 8pm, what a bummer!
The chap excused himself many times for waiting, but still, its a total shamble fr running a place like that.
Its just much to expensive, wornout rooms and old furniture.

i wil lnot go back

1 Thank FOL-1003
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, 17 October 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph
New City, New York
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Usually don't stay in Manhattan hotels since I live in the area. But had to stay here one night for business. If you want to go to Broadway plays and be in the middle of Times Square this is a decent place. Stayed on the 33rd floor. My room was nice enough, but there was definitely wear and tear in places. One of the floors that the elevator stopped at on the way to my room had ripped wallpaper. Colleagues said that their rooms smelled of mildew. If I had to pay for the room, I would probably try to find a different hotel in the area. They also charge 12 for wif-fi.

Toronto
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This is definitely not a four star hotel. Service is poor. The bath did not drain. The TV did not work properly and a request for this to be fixed resulted in no action. Not only do you have to pay extra for the Internet for the room, but you have to pay per device. So a laptop, iphone and ipad costs 3 times the daily Internet rate. There was no coffee machine in the room. On the positive side the room was spacious and clean. But this was definitely not a 4 star hotel and not worth the 4 star price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We have stayed here many times and have never been dissatisfied. We do prefer the standard side over the upgrade side. Great location, within walking distance to all Times Square attractions.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple