“TV trouble”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #282 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Hotel location was excellent, comfortable bed and good air conditioning. Four different hotel employees tried to fix our TV so that the picture would not go blank for several minutes at a time while the sound continued to work. It was never fixed during our five day stay. Our reservation was for a room with a King bed in the Premier section of the hotel, but that upgraded part of the hotel only had a choice of a queen bed, or one single bed per room.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I did quite a bit of research before booking a NYC hotel near Times Square for 5 day graduation trip for my daughter and me. I selected this hotel's Premier Club level for the location by Times Square and the amenities of daily breakfast, evening cocktail reception, free wi-fi and fitness center. We were pleased with the experience overall. Some of the of the prior reviews were consistent and some were not. Yes, the bathroom left a little left to be desired with low pressure shower, aging fixtures/caulking and low pressure toilet, but the bed was comfortable (maybe I prefer a firm mattress) and pillows were fine. The rooms definitely could have been deep cleaned a little better, but the location and other amenities compensated for it. FYI - There are no ice-machines on the floors, so you will have to call for service to deliver ice and there are no refrigerators. Again, overall a good experience for the location, price and amenities.

Room Tip: Corner rooms by the elevator have two floor to ceiling windows on the north side facing 44th Street...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This is my second stay at this hotel. I had such a bad experience a few years ago that I tried to stay elsewhere but found that the conference I was attending required staying on site. I was surprised when I got into my room that I did not have a King bed as was listed on my reservation, but instead had two doubles. I called the front desk and was promptly and sternly informed that room type is not guaranteed, but rather just a request. I was given the same rote statement from more than one employee. Not surprisingly, based upon my prior stay, my room was filthy and in poor condition: stained carpets, broken/missing handles on the dresser, battered furniture, dusty drinking glasses, and abundant mold/mildew in the bathroom. Worse still, my room reeked of smoke. I asked whether I could at least get a different room due to the smoke, and was told there was only one other option, and that was a single bed. Given that I am very tall, I decided to open the windows and bear the smoke the first night. The next day I was assigned a new room upon request, but told it would also be a double. After further pleading, a King bed was given and the front desk person said he would assign the double to a shorter person who came in later. This seeming act of kindness is the only reason I gave them a second star, but given that I had to press for it I still have serious reservations about their customer service. First of all, I have never stayed in a hotel where reservations that include room type were considered requests, especially when they charge by room type. Second, any other hotel would have immediately presented me with the available King room that was on my reservation the next day given the awful conditions of the first night (and many would have provided an upgrade). I can only suppose I was being treated poorly for having paid a conference rate. Most guests seem to be tourists who are unlikely to be repeat visitors which is the only explanation I can fathom for them remaining in business all these years with such poor conditions and rates around $500 a night. Location helps, but I know from experience that there are numerous superior international chains in the neighborhood for less. I should mention that the second room was in much better condition, but still had mold/mildew in the bathroom and isn't what one would expect for the price. Every other person at the conference I talked to also complained about the dirty conditions in their room. That and my previous experience a few years back lead me to believe this is not an isolated incident. Also, the bed linens are very poor quality. In both rooms the comforters were nearly threadbare and the sheets not long enough for the bed leading to a terrible nights sleep, even when you can breathe.

Room Tip: The 28th floor is the smoking floor. The 29th is the second hand smoke floor. The smell increased...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

This hotel is located half a block from Times Square, in walking distance to many attractions. The room is very comfortable for two people. But the service in the hotel doesn't match its price. Just a few examples. Shampoo/conditioner were not provided every day. It took 45 minutes and two phone calls to maintenance to get some. I left some water in a bathroom glass, and it was not cleaned up, and a new glass was not provided during regular room clean-up. On some occasions, the information provided by concierge was simply wrong. Very long waits for an elevator.

Room Tip: Some rooms on high floors have a very good view, but you'll spend a lot of time waiting for elev...

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Sorry for the late review...but had a great experience here over the holidays. We were spending Christmas in NYC from NH with an 8 and 10 year old and this fit the bill perfectly!! Had a previous reservation elsewhere, but just didn't want to spend $250 a night. Got this for about $179. Room was nicely size (esp for NY standards) for our family of 4. Location was PERFECT-- easy to Times Square and next door to TRU! Concierge desk was very helpful, assisted with finding family places open on christmas, show suggestions, even where we could get an easy breakfast that wasn't too expensive. We just wanted a decent sized room in a good location, and this was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Hotel is really nice from the outside, however once you step in, you will see that the lobby is too small, the staff are mehh !
Was supposed to get an upgrade but front desk was like unfortunately we can't !
Room is like 300$ and prepaid, yet the front desk refused to wait till I get a credit card for incidentals and kept me on wait till i got it !
Needed to print a paper, they said we have no access, you will have to pay 5$ and DO IT YOURSELF !
I'm on a 3 weeks vacations and have stayed in many hotels in different cities, this is yes not the worst to be honest, but the most i feel sorry about booking !

Only good thing about the hotel was the location to be honest and that they offered us a room in 50th Floor !

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor that has a view of the times SQ
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed at the Millenium broadway for 5 nights as a part of a conference we attended. The rooms were adequate and the bed was very comfortable. Generally the hotel provided almost all of our needs. However, we wanted to put our own food and drinks in the fridge, but the fridge did not have space to do this due to it being full of hotel products. We rang to organise a fridge as indicated in the brochure. This never eventuated. I was in the room when the staff was checking the fridge and he reprimanded me for removing hotel drinks from the firdge to put our own drinks and food in. I notified him of our request for a fridge, however he still went on about us removing the hotels drinks. The requested fridge was never delivered. On check out we were billed for food and drinks that were never used. Very poor service and unnecessary treatment of customers. Other conference goers experienced the same experience. I would think carefully about staying again at the Millenium broadway or recommending the hotel to others.