4,383 results
All reviews rooftop bar new york haven rooftop times square rooms are small continental breakfast excellent location door staff bagels cupcakes our honeymoon brick wall concierge service rockefeller center fantastic hotel big apple central park
Reviewed July 9, 2016

Short overnight stay at The Sanctuary Hotel in New York in early June 2016, I arrived late and was heading out the next day after a conference at the UN, but the staff were fantastic, both on arrival and on departure. Roof Top bar was lively and well staffed. Rooms are small but well appointed and look great, the whole hotel has a boutique feel to it and the decor is creative and beautiful. Highly recommended, if it was only for the staff, but this place is great as well. It's location is perfect as well.

Room tip: Highly recommend the restaurant for breakfast
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2016

First trip to New York and cannot wait to return. Settled in quickly at the Sanctuary Hotel. Well appointed and comfortable hotel with friendly staff. Excellent central location, though a little noisy with congested traffic outside (due to building work further down the street).
Rooftop bar and restaurant always popular.
Very helpful and knowledgable STAR managers giving excellent restaurant and activity recommendations.Will certainly be back.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

Very friendly staff, who arranged early check-in. Excellent location close to 5th Avenue and 57th Street.

Rooms are decent size for New York standards, clean. Restaurant is adjacent, I don't recall if they offer room service, though.

All in all, recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2016

My daughter and I missed a connecting flight at midnight and ended up stranded in NYC overnight. We thought we'd take advantage of the situation and found Sanctuary in Times Square. Beautiful boutique hotel with staff that was professional and friendly at 2am in the morning when we finally arrived. Our room was very small but beautiful with everything we needed for a quick overnight stay and a taste of NYC. I can't imagine spending much time in my room given all their is to do in Time Square and the Theater District. Our room sat right above their rooftop bar/patio which I can imagine is hopping during prime time but was quiet at 2:30am. I will definitely recommend Sanctuary to my friends who like a smaller, personalzed atmosphere - with the option to find adventure or a need to escape the street noise as you regroup for the next adventure.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our experience with Sanctuary Hotel. They accommodated us nicely when there was a maintenance issue with our room. It is in a great location in Times Square. It is a smaller, boutique hotel with a very friendly staff. They helped us with our questions. The rooftop bar and dining was our favorite! Beautiful view of NYC. We would definitely return.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2016

We are delighted to hear that you and your husband had such a great experience here with us. Thank you for such great feedback and we hope to have you back soon.

Best Regards,