5,887 results
All reviews times square great location new york executive room restaurant row fridge and microwave fire station coffee maker food emporium hell's kitchen around the corner the theater district quiet street small kitchenette central park two blocks an older hotel
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in Manhattan! The beds were very comfortable and the W/C facilities nice. It was an average overall room given the price paid, and the hotel only offered a breakfast buffet. We enjoyed the stay, but there was nothing about the property that stood out other than the location. Not a bad option, just know what you're getting in advance.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Enjoyed the hotel itself very much. The location was extremely convenient to Times Square and the location of the convention we were attending. The hotel room was lovely and well maintained (well the bathroom could have used a little more attention to detail, but nothing that I'd complain about). My interactions with the staff while I were there were cordial. We had a brief problem with our heat and the maintenance staff who came up were extremely pleasant.

My one real complaint was an experience that happened prior to arriving. I had a personal emergency and had to push back my arrival date. I called up just to make sure that showing up a day late wouldn't be a problem and was very quickly and coldly informed that because I had purchased my booking through Hotels.com I could not push back my reservation and would not be able get a refund for the day I wouldn't be arriving.

I was confused because I hadn't asked for a refund at all. Nor was I calling in with an attitude, so I wasn't clear where the aggression was coming from. I tried to explain that I simply wanted to make sure I could arrive a day late & still have a room to sleep in. I was told that I could, but to call in that day & check in over the phone but I would STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE DAY (emphasis theirs). I assured them that it was fine and I understood and hung up.

That day I was unfortunately unable to call until extremely late (after midnight). I called knowing it was too late to check in for that day but I, again wanted to confirm that this wouldn't cause any problems checking in the next day. I reached someone else (a woman this time) who also answered me coldly and rudely and who also wanted to make sure it was crystal clear that I knew I wasn't getting a refund for my missing day. I assured her I didn't care, I was just trying to make sure I still got my reservation, would have a bed to sleep in, and wouldn't have to make a second reservation. She said it was fine, but I had to be IN PERSON to check in. Checking in over the phone was NO LONGER AN OPTION. Okay lady.

I don't know what type of people they're used to dealing with, but I'd suggest they learn to direct their ire more constructively and not at every single customer that calls in. It was like talking to someone who works at the DMV (if you get my meaning).

Room Tip: We had a room on the 17th floor which I think helped with any NYC noise, but if you're impatient, the elevators might bother you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank stefien
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at the Belvedere hotel from Jan 25th to Jan 29th 2013. The front desk agent was very rude and the director of the front desk agent was even worst. They charged us for our room three times and even the lady over the director said she couldn't do anything about it. The staff there is very unfriendly and don't have any customer service skills. They treated us like we were not paying guest. I will never stay at this hotel again!!

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms. The room was the only good thing about the entire stay!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lyne M
MichaelLink, General Manager at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Lyne M.
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Belvedere hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the lack of outstanding service the Belvedere has come to be known for over the years. I will be addressing your concern with the staff to ensure our high standards are maintained.
As you know from the conversations you have had with the Director of Front Office and the Director of Operations at the hotel, as well as reviewing your credit card statement, you absolutely were not charged 3 times for your stay. You also know that when you checked in, you and the other people in your room changed the method of payment several times which caused changes in the credit card authorization for your credit card (not charges) to ensure there were funds to cover the charges. When you finally decided how you wanted to settle the charges, the Director of Front Office contacted your bank to release the excess authorization on your account. As you know, your account was never charged more than it should have been.
I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused as it is always our intention to accommodate our guests while providing outstanding service.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great location. Friendly staff. Wonderful selection of restaurants within easy walking distance. Near most Broadway shows and Times Square without the noice and traffic. Offers underground parking at a reasonable price for New York.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank VirginiaTravler
Reviewed January 29, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com