5,920 results
All reviews times square great location new york executive room restaurant row fridge and microwave fire station coffee maker food emporium hell's kitchen around the corner the theater district quiet street small kitchenette central park two blocks an older hotel
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location but as far as street noise goes it isn’t fabulous. Being right near a fire house meant constant sirens but also the horns and construction next door made it difficult to sleep. We were also on the 12th floor so not exactly close to the street either. We were in a refurbished room but the window didn’t seal properly which probably didn’t help the noise. The girl at check in was extremely unpleasant, almost like we were an inconvenience to her which after travelling for 34 hours isn’t very nice. Overall though the room was nice and spacious and clean.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Justin C, Manager at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Sassysnoop,

Thank you for staying at The Belvedere Hotel and thank you for taking the time to write this review. Feedback, like yours, is invaluable to us as it tells us what we do well and where we need to improve.

Thank you for noting our great location. Indeed, all types of traveler will find our location ideal; near to many modes of transportation, shops, eateries, Broadway theaters, nightlife, and, of course, Times Square!

Ambient street noise in New York City is much higher than many expect. I apologize that you had difficult sleeping during your stay. I will have my maintenance and housekeeping department double check the seal on the 12th floor rooms to ensure they are properly installed.

Your description of your experience at check-in is inexcusable and has already been addressed with the Director of the Front Office. I am truly sorry that you were not made to feel welcome. That is the opposite of what we strive for and not typical of the service we provide.

Thank you for your 4 star rating, despite your concerns mentioned here, Sassysnoop. I do hope that you will return to The Belvedere Hotel in the future. We look forward to having the privilege of genuinely welcoming you back to New York City and our hotel.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

Arrived on easter sunday and check in was easy and quick. We had 2 rooms sleeping 3 in each. Rooms were great - very clean tidy. Beds were large and comfy. Bathrooms were nice dark marble style, powerful hot shower, mirrors everywhere (always needed when you are a girl!). Small kitchenette where you can make tea/coffee and had a fridge (love it when there is a fridge to keep water in). There was a safe to store valuables in the wardrobe.
The location was perfect - around 4mins walk or 2 block from the M&M store on Times Square! We had free WIFI during our stay also.
We tried breakfast which was around 21dollar and you can choose continental or full breakfast - it was help yourself service. Food was ok but i prefer to find a cafe just off Times square as it cheaper.
There was a nice restaurant attached to the hotel which served steaks etc - we didn't eat in there but it was always busy and looked good.
Overall couldn't fault our stay here - would recommend and will look to stay here again when i'm back!

Room Tip: room 711 view at the back not great room 712 room to the front and larger room
3  Thank AbzMahoney
Justin C, Manager at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

AbzMahoney,

Thank you for staying at The Belvedere Hotel and for writing this review. We truly appreciate these reviews as they tell us what we do well and where we need to improve.

I am happy to read that you and your group seemed to enjoy your rooms! Also, our location in indeed perfect, I feel. 2 blocks from the heart of Times Square and all that offers and yet on a quiet, residential street.

I am pleased to read that you couldn't fault your stay! I ham honored that we have earned your recommendation!

I do hope to be abel to welcome you and your friends back to New York City and The Belvedere Hotel in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 16, 2018

A good hotel and its central as well. 4 minutes from Time square, and Broadway show.

We arrived around noon after 18 hours travel, and could not have our room before 4pm. That was a little bit "down" for us. The room was ok, but the AC was soooo noisy so thanks for not staying there when its hot outside.

Over all we will recommend the hotel if you are in New York.

1  Thank Aashild G

Aashild G,

Thank you for staying at The Belvedere Hotel and thank you for your feedback, regarding your stay. it is invaluable to us as this is how we learn what we do well and where we need to improve.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location. Indeed it is one of our strongest assets.

I am sorry to read that your room was not available at 12 noon, which is our check-out time. I am sure all you wanted, after 18 hours of travel, was to have a comfy bed and shower. Check in time is 4pm and the time in between gives us an opportunity to ensure all rooms are ready for guest arrival. We usually suggest to those guests who wish to guarantee an early arrival, to book the night before to ensure a room is available. Our guests regularly take advantage of this offer.

Sincere apologies that you found the AC unit in your room noisy. I will address AC maintenance, in general, with our Engineering department and Housekeeping Managers to ensure rooms are up to our standards before being allocated to guests.

Despite those items, We are honored to have earned your recommendation.

Thank you again, Aashild G, for staying with us and I hope we have the privilege to welcome you back to New York City and The Belvedere Hotel again in the future!

Reviewed April 16, 2018

I stayed there two nights last weekend. The room was large, clean and comfortable. I slept like a baby both nights. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend it and plan on staying there again one day.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank bjdandara

Bjdandara,

Thank you very much for staying at The Belvedere Hotel and for writing this five-star review!!

I am so glad your experience was great and that we have earned your recommendation! It is so important that our guests are comfortable and get a good night's sleep, I am happy to read you felt that way!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to New York City and The Belvedere Hotel again soon in the future!

Reviewed April 16, 2018

A few years ago, my daughter found this hotel...I have made 3 trips since and only stay here. It's a great location but not on a busy street. Walking distance to ALOT of places. The staff is accommodating.

1  Thank kamorelandtex
Justin C, Manager at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Kamorelandtex,

What can I say, besides a big Thank You for your loyalty to The Belvedere Hotel. We are privileged to be your exclusive hotel in New York City.

Recommendations from our repeat guests, like yourself, are the most valuable form of advertising that we have. We greatly appreciate it!

We look forward to welcoming you back to New York City and The Belvedere Hotel!