5,927 results
All reviews times square great location new york executive room restaurant row fridge and microwave fire station coffee maker food emporium hell's kitchen around the corner the theater district quiet street small kitchenette central park two blocks an older hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is well located, our needs as a family were not entirely met as we were put in 2 different rooms and could not be in one room as a family. There were some minor issues with the wi-fi, but overall, the hotel was good, well maintained, kept clean and the staff was helpfull.

Room Tip: For family of 5, this might not be a good idea, otherwise is well located and well priced
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Justin C, Manager at Belvedere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Mongamojantjies,

Thank you for staying at The Belvedere Hotel and thank you for this review!

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, found our staff to be helpful, and found the hotel well maintained. I am sorry that you experienced issues with WIFI. I do hope that you brought your concerns to our attention, so that it could have been addressed. I will monitor our WIFI system, jut in case.

We allow up to 4 adults in rooms with 2 double beds, and up to 3 adults in rooms with king bed (with a rollaway bed.) I apologize if this did not suit your needs, however it is clearly noted on all websites you can book our hotel.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and i have just had 5 nights in room 308. On arrival had been upgraded to an executive king. Room clean, well presented. Only 10 minute walk to times square but quiet enough to be that little bit away from the massive crowds. Housekeepers good and staff professional. Had a kitchenette but only issue no cutlery,crockery. Only paper cups for coffee and no tea. The airconditioner was so loud you have to turn it off at night to sleep. Overall a 4 star hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi oldfartSydney,

Thank you for staying at The Belvedere Hotel and thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our fantastic location and found our staff professional and good.

Indeed, all of our rooms have a kitchenette that includes a microwave, fridge, sink, and cabinetry. In our Executive and Superior category rooms, a Keurig coffee maker in included as well. Cutlery and crockery for the kitchenette is available by request. We find that the majority of our guests do not require such items, however they are available e to those that do. We have staff at all times willing and able to assist.

I do apologize that the air conditioner was too loud for you to sleep. While it would be helpful to know in which room you stayed so the specific issue can be addressed, I will address your concern with the Housekeeping and Engineering staff in general.

Thank you again for staying with us and I do hope that we have the privilege of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My daughter and I stayed at the Belvedere for 2 nights in September. It is on a nice quiet street but close enough to walk to anywhere you would like to go to in the neighbourhood. We stayed in a renovated Executive room with two double beds and it also had a small fridge and microwave. However.....there are no glasses, cups, cutlery or crockery to use in the microwave or to make a hot drink. Just some plastic and cardboard cups. What a shame. No milk, either. We did request a couple of wine glasses and they were promptly brought to the room. The staff is very friendly and welcoming and everything is clean. I know the area well and there are plenty of great restaurants and bars in close proximity to the hotel as well as easy access to all the Broadway theatres. I would recommend the Belvedere for it's excellent location, especially for first time New York visitors.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Lorie R

Hi Lorie R,

Thank you for staying at The Belvedere Hotel and for this review! I am glad to read that you enjoyed our, if you ask me, pretty ideal location. Like you have written, we are on a quiet, residential street, however most anywhere you'd like to go is easy walking distance.

For your information, an inquiry to the Reception Desk would have had all the kitchen cutlery and crockery you desired brought to your room. We have found that the far majority of our guests do not use such items, and those that wish to use will ask for them and we will provide. There is little that we cannot provide, upon request.

We are still honored to receive your recommendation, Lorie R! I do hope that we have the privilege of welcoming you back to New York City and The Belvedere Hotel soon! Thank you again!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Belvedere is close to the Broadway Theatres and Times Square.
Friendly, Comfortable and very convenient. Does a great breakfast.
If you like exploring a city on foot this is a great place to start from and a restful place to come home.
Sirens in the middle of the night can wake you but I guess that's NY!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Oldtony77,

Thank you so very much for staying at The Belvedere Hotel and thank you for this good review! I am happy to read that you found our hotel friendly, comfortable, and convenient! Those are all very important factor when choosing a hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast as well!

Indeed, ambient city noise, including sirens, can be difficult to drown out, if you are not used to it. We do offer earplugs, should any guest require them.

Thank you again Oldtony77! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The friendly welcome helps to make one feel at home. This was our second stay here, and we were not disappointed. This hotel has all the basics one needs when visiting NYC. A comfortable room and bed, and a well functioning bathroom. A good position for nearby restaurants. Helpful staff. The hotel also has a breakfast room offering both continental and American breakfasts.
A nice touch this time round was the complimentary glass of wine offered in the foyer late afternoon. Great to make acquaintances and exchange stories.

Room Tip: We still prefer the higher rooms looking to the North (the back) - not only for the view but also the quietness.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

MG1944,

Thank you for returning to The Belvedere Hotel and for this good review. We greatly appreciate that.

I am so pleased to read that our staff makes you feel at home. That is one of the best compliments we can receive! We recently instituted our daily wine hour and have found it to be a hit with our guests. I am happy you got to enjoy this time!

MG1944, thank you again for staying with us and I do hope that we have the privilege of wlcming you back soon!