All reviews upper east side wine and cheese museum mile rooms are small central park metropolitan museum of art yogurt new york continental breakfast window unit boutique hotel whole foods wine hour bed was comfortable times square ues guggenheim
Reviewed June 16, 2016

The rooms were incredibly small as others have stated. Room size is best suited for one person. We were a couple and felt like we were walking over each other constantly. Luckily we spent most of the day out. Overall, things wouldn't have been so bad except for the unbearable noise from the construction next door. If you are an early riser (before 7am) then it shouldn't be a big deal to you. For those wanting to sleep in, forget it. No way anyone can sleep after the jack-hammering begins. You could feel the vibration in the room. Otherwise, the bed was comfortable enough and the room was seemingly clean. The staff was courteous and apologetic, but when I tried to call the hotel in advance of our stay if was rare that someone would answer the phone. Definitely not the greatest experience I've ever had. Stay away for now, not worth the money.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not share a wall with the construction.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2016

Room Tip: Corner rooms are better. Just a bit bigger.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed June 12, 2016

Management lost my reservations, but thankfully there was one remaining room; and they kept their word. The staff are very cheerful, but juvenile and lacking polish almost reminding me of the cast from Welcome Back Kotter. The hotel furnishings needs alot of updating ranging from the cheesy neon light to the wall paper. But the beds were comfortable, and everything inside the rooms were immaculate.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2016

The Franklin Hotel is just fine and the staff is warm and friendly. I would not stay there again, though, if charged more than $150. They simply don't have the facilities and amenities that warrant prices higher than that per night, certainly not a rate of $300 per night. The rooms are basic, bed comfortable...but furniture is tired, rugs are old and holding the smells of many years...my window AC unit made the room smell mustier, like dirty laundry. The bathroom had not towel hooks or bars...just a small rack. TV was an old old flat screen that had the image clarity of a 1960s Zenith TV...No wifi for most of my stay because construction next door "cut it"...Anyway, I just can't believe I spent $300 per night. I learned my lesson.

Stayed: June 2016
3  Thank EnriqueS1830
Reviewed June 7, 2016

I had to be on the upper east side a few blocks from the hotel and needed a one night quick, inexpensive, good nights sleep. I stay in Manhattan regularly and would not choose this hotel if not for convenience of area. With that said, this boutique hotel is TINY, and could easily be missed from the outside. I felt like I had entered a Wild West movie hotel, lovely woman at the desk behind a very old desk in a very dark room to then enter an elevator with similar feel. Few rooms to a floor, almost hostel-ish and once in the room, the TININESS gets even tinier!! A really nice bed in white sheets and a desk is cramped as cramped can be. I had to place my suitcase on the desk to open it and close it to sleep, not to press against my head. Great bed and great nights sleep. The shower was wonderful new tiling in bathroom, however the sink was outside the bathroom in a nook in a wall of the bedroom with just a glass sink, nowhere to place your cosmetics. Got the job done, but the water was dripping over the side if not careful. OK so if you need to be on the upper east side in that area and price is important, it is a good option, just know before you go! Although we didn't make use of these features, we were told they served wine & cheese from 5-6:30 pm and coffee after 7:00 am gratis.
I will need to be in that area again, however will definitely choose another hotel and use transportation to get there.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business