“Wonderful hotel! Staff amazing!”

Loews Regency New York Hotel
Ranked #35 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 October 2016

We checked in late for a 5 night stay and had the best welcome ever in Reception. The staff either remembered us and continued previous conversations or struck up new ones every day. The hotel is of the highest standard, beds super comfortable and absolutely no noise from anywhere . Could not recommend highly enough. Customer service at it's very best!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank MiaM0410
Simon M, Managing Director at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Dear MiaM0410,
I am so very pleased to read about your recent stay at the Loews Regency and to see that the service you received was "it's very best."

It sounds like everything during your time with us was perfect and I couldn't be more thrilled!

I certainly hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 5 October 2016

What a wonderful hotel. Staff very friendly, room amazing and location spot on. We were made to feel like the only guests. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anybody. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 14th floor with a balcony on the side street, it was truly beautiful. It also...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WhinnieLiverpool

Dear WhinnieLiverpool,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Loews Regency!
We're thrilled to hear you found the accommodations "amazing" and that you felt like you were the only guests in our 379 room hotel.

We greatly appreciate your recommendations and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

The room was modern, clean and luxurious. Beds were very comfortable. The location could not have been better, and the staff was helpful and courteous. Subway within blocks shopping close and the theater district was a short cab ride away.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Park Avenue gave a great view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank karenvollmer
Simon M, Managing Director at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear karenvollmer,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful accommodations at the Loews Regency.
We're thrilled to read you had a comfortable night sleep and hope you'll be back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

The staff were amazing and the rooms were so luxurious. The TVs in each bathroom were so state of the art and modern and so was the overall design and decor of the hotel. Great stay here! The restaurant and bar was also fun and the entire lobby area is so modern and awesome. Also love that I can get my hair done here. The fitness center is huge! Entire hotel very modern and brand-new.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the park avenue suites for a beautiful view of park avenue, or a terrace su...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Josie1391

Dear Josie1391,
Thank you for sharing your well rounded experience at the Loews Regency with us!
We're so pleased to know that from the Julien Farel Salon to the Regency Bar and Grill everything was awesome during your time with us!
We love to read all of the fabulous things you've shared and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I enjoyed a fabulous, fun filled, girl's weekend at the Loews Regency. We stayed on the 18th floor with adjoining rooms. The views were truly breathtaking. We had our morning coffee on the terrace overlooking the beautifully, architecturally lined buildings....something out of a movie.
I have never been so pampered by staff, they were so accommodating and friendly. They provided Keurig machines in each room with bakery cookies, and offered to turn down our beds!
The bed and linens were so deluxe and comfortable, I can't remember when I slept that well.
The hotel was walking distance and accessible to shops, restaurants, and Central Park. Although, the food in the hotel was absolutely delicious, so dining in is also highly recommended.

Room Tip: The 18th floor offers a luxurious suite with a king size bed and all the comforts of home and more!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank pjbfriends

Dear pjbfriends,
Thank you for sharing your girls weekend with us!
We're thrilled to hear that you found everything "breathtaking" from the 18th floor.
You must be talking about the comfort of our Frette Linens! I even purchased some for my own home as I too have never slept on anything so comfortable.
I'm so delighted to read everything was perfect and I hope we'll be able to welcome all of the girls back for another weekend soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2016

We were in the city for a girl's trip & shopping, however our hotel accommodations were so wonderful we didn't want to leave our rooms. We had a great view, gorgeous wrap around patio, the most comfortable beds, TVs in the bathroom mirrors & cappuccino maker. AND THE STAFF WAS INCREDIBLE!!! So, if you are planning a trip to NYC give the Lowe's Regency a call.

Room Tip: The 18th floor was perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank sarnold28

Dear sarnold28,
Thank you for reviewing the Loews Regency after your recent stay.
We're thrilled that you found your accommodations so pleasant, you didn't want to leave your rooms!
It gives me great pride to read that you found all of our team members "incredible!"
We certainly hope you'll return for a girls weekend soon!

Reviewed 30 September 2016

My recent one-night stay in a “Luxury King” room at the Loews Regency was a big success. The bed was comfortable, the linens, towels and amenities were high-end, the service (except for an inattentive bartender) was outstanding and the WiFi was as fast as I have ever seen in an hotel (over 50 Mbps download AND upload speeds – fast!). For these reasons I will likely return if I need a room on the East Side despite the high price tag of $629. Along with state and city taxes and a $14 12-ounce glass of beer at the bar, that led to a $741 total bill. Very high but sadly typical for midtown locations, especially those on Park Avenue, if you do not have a corporate connection.

The bartender blew it when, after getting that beer, I ordered food and it never came. When I asked for a bill, there was no recognition that I had even ordered something. Fortunately I was not that hungry.

The one shortcoming, at least in my room at the Loews, was noise. Like many New York City hotels, the sound insulation in this room was so poor that I had to use very dense ear plugs not to be woken by street noise. I was on the 9th floor and the ear plugs were really necessary. Apparently not all rooms in the hotel are noisy. Perhaps the window did not close properly (though it looked closed). I will request a different room next team. In the meantime, bravo on a very good stay.

Room Tip: High floors are best
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank BostonFrequentTrav1

Dear BostonFrequentTrav1,
Thank you for sharing all of your feedback.
We're thrilled you consider the trip an overall "Bravo!"
We're disappointed to hear that you encountered an inattentive bartender as this is most certainly not the expectation we hold for our Team Members.
I'm also sorry to hear that you needed to use ear plugs to achieve peace and quiet in your room... please feel free to contact me directly prior to a trip so I can hand select a room for you that will achieve this.