“Convenient mid town hotel”

Loews Regency New York Hotel
Ranked #41 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level

Have been going to Loews on and off for 10 years
Great location for walking to shopping, Broadway, Central Park, museums, restaurants
Remodeled several years back
Generous room size
Attentive staff
Well maintained
Gym on site
Free WiFi

Room Tip: Rooms seem near equivalent in quality etc
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you Iffer51 for your very gracious post and, more importantly, your loyalty for the last 10 years! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on the property and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,733)

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I was in NY during Hurricane Maria due to a speaking engagement , obviously I had no opportunity to go back home after terrible hurricane devastation in San Juan.A friend of mine from New York reccomended the Loews Regency and I have spent in the hotel now over a week.
I have a very nice room access to a great Restaurant and superb location. In addition to all that a nice and helpful staff.Definitely coming back!!

Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, jrm0ntes. We are very sorry for the circumstances that led you to staying with us and, if you are still with us, please know that we are here to assist in anyway we can. Hopefully, NYC and, more specifically, our team, has been able to provide the comfort your require during very stressful times like this.

We are thrilled to read that we have earned your loyalty and if I may assist in any way, I can be reached at john.maibach@loewshotels.com. On behalf of our entire team, we wish you and your family the best as you return to Puerto Rico.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My family has stayed at the Loew's Regency several times in the past, but this was my first stay. After having heard glowing reviews from them in the past, I have to say I was disappointed. The couch in our room was stained when we checked in, (see photo)....you would think someone might have tried to clean it, but it remained that way throughout our stay. Additionally, we were promised a large-screen TV, (in order to watch the US Open), but received a small screen with no option to move to a room with a larger one for several days. Worst of all is the restaurant downstairs. We ate breakfast there several times, and on each occasion the wait service was lousy, and definitely not up-to-par with a supposedly first-class hotel. The wait staff is rushed and not well-trained; it was nearly impossible to get their attention to request anything, and once our orders were placed, they never returned to check and see if we needed anything further. Even getting their attention to bring the check was an ordeal. Another issue is the water in the room. I noticed several $15 charges for Voss water on our bill, which we thought was free since it was set out on the counter in the room. Very misleading and also not very gracious....water should be included at this type of establishment. We all agreed that if we are going to pay these high rates again, we'd be better off at another hotel which provides better service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Hello 27Jazz27 and please accept my sincere apologies for the very disappointing stay you recently experienced. Obviously, the service opportunities you have outlined above are frustrating, disappoint and unacceptable. I will be sure to share your comments with our Leaders so we can understand the root causes of these inefficiencies. Lack of cleanliness and the service shortfalls you experienced in the restaurant will not be tolerated and I appreciate you bringing them to our attention so we may address them.

If you have the opportunity to email me directly at john.maibach@loewshotels.com, I would appreciate it as I would like to understand we would can do to make amends.

Thank you.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I gave "5"'s across the board for this hotel, from the service helpers, front desk staff, valet, bell persons. As I travel to NY for business every month, I have asked for my travel profile to be updated to show this hotel as my first preference. I will return again and again to Loews Regency NY.

Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts
1  Thank kristencm2017
John M, General Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear kristencm3017,
Thank you for your review and your high recommendations.
Great to hear you love our staff and have made us home away from home.
We’re looking forward in seeing soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

After seeing Brian Wilson At Radio City we walked back to the lovely, convenient hotel. The rooms are spacious, quiet, and the bed was heavenly! It’s close to shopping, Central Park, the subways and as I said Rock Center. The staff was friendly and the Grill brunch delicious. We’ve stayed at a lot of NYC hotels and this is at the top of our list.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ftot72
John M, General Manager at Loews Regency New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you very much for the gracious review, ftot72. While disappointed not to receive 5 'bubbles', we do appreciate the kind comments and glowing recommendation. It is our goal to earn our guests loyalty and I am pleased to read that we have accomplished our mission.

Thank you gain for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

A very central well run hotel with a good restaurant and efficient check in. Everything that you'd expect from a mid town hotel including the tiny room and bathroom door that hits your knees unless you close it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MrRosenzweig

Hello, MrRosenzweig, and thank you very much for the post. Please accept my apologies for the accommodations if they failed to meet your expectations but we do appreciate the kind comments and will be sure to share with our team. Next time you are traveling to New York, email me at john.maibach@loewshotels.com and I will bne sure to find more suitable accommodations for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Room was clean and very comfortable
Lounge and restaurant staff were friendly
Lobby area was conducive for a quick buisness meeting
Concierge was very helpful and knowledgeable
Spa had great services available
Gym was clean and with new equipment

Room Tip: Locatation is convenient for business and pleasure
3  Thank brucehunter2017

Dear brucehunter2017,
Thank you for your review.
Delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and were able to conduct a quick business meeting in our lobby.
We're looking forward in seeing you soon.