“Transport too Manhattan from JFK”

Carmel Car & Limousine Service
Book In Advance
More Info
US$13.44*
and up
Private Economy Arrival Transfer: New York...
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Do not use We paid for round trip from and too JFK to our Manhattan hotel Took 20 mins for driver to arrive following call from airport On return journey driver went toll roads without advising us then wouldn’t let us out of the taxi until we had given our credit card details to their dispatch on the phone We then received an e mail receipt for $72 when questioned were told had only charged the credit card $18.50 when arriving home and checking the amount charged was $24 so contacted them again and have had no reply DO NOT USE plenty of alternatives

3  Thank karen w

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I was under the impression the customer decided how much to tip but our drivers told us how much they wanted!
Booked return transfer from JFK to Manhattan. Both driver turned up in time. Cars were clean.
However, there was no mention of the €8.50 toll charge that we had to pay on both journeys.
Disappointing that this information wasn't presented at the time of booking. I don't think I would use again.

2  Thank Tourist574509
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Booked a ride from our hotel to the airport in Maui on their website. The driver is a no-show, repeated calls to Carmel help line get me stuck on hold. I finally had to book *two* Ubers to get my family and our bags to the airport.

Days later and the company is still hemming and hawing about refunding the pre-paid fare. What a nightmare!

3  Thank ronnotel
Reviewed April 2, 2018

My family and I were in New Orleans Presidents' weekend. We booked airport transport (through Expedia, another huge mistake). A lovely young man met us at the airport and proceeded to drive us to Iberville Marriott. When confirming the return time, we informed the driver that the return time was incorrect. Instead of 12:00 we would need the shuttle at 10:30. The driver said that it wasn't a problem but to write the adjusted time on his clipboard, which I did. The day that we were to return to New York we went down to the hotel drop area expecting to see our town car. We waited a few minutes. My husband then decided to call the company to determine what the delay was. He was informed that the limo was scheduled to pick us up at 12:00. At that point, my husband told them not to bother coming as we were in a time crunch. We ended up taking a cab to the airport (AN ADDITIONAL $55). I have spent the past two months trying to get a refund for the return trip. I spent over 40 minutes on the phone with an Expedia representative who informed me that we would be receiving a refund for the entire cost of the shuttle for our inconvenience. Two days later, I received an email from Expedia Customer "No Service" stating that we were considered a no-show by Carmel and would not have any of our money refunded. I informed Expedia we did speak to someone both prior as well as the day of our return. The time change was noted by the driver. Since then, I have received 3 emails stating that after much review, Expedia can not override the decision of the limo company. I find that so ridiculous that I am a loss for words. My husband and I travel often, 4-5 times a year and have never encountered such incompetence in our lives domestically or internationally. This will be the last time that we book through Expedia as there are no true savings and the quality of services has done nothing but deteriorate in the last few years. I also strongly encourage travelers to avoid using Carmel Car & Limo Service as they are just as inept as Expedia. A DISHONEST COMPANY!

2  Thank J-Traveler9117