“Great service and atmosphere.”
Review of Dovetail

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Columbus Avenue
Transit: B & C trains to 81st Street and 1 train to 79th Street.
Description: Dovetail is a Michelin-starred restaurant operated by chef and proprietor John Fraser. Serving contemporary American fare through various prix fixe menus and located on Manhattan's Upper West Side, Dovetail received three stars from The New York Times as well as its first Michelin star in the 2011 New York Guide. Recently, Dovetail was recognized by The World of Fine Wine and given three out of three stars at the World's Best Wine List 2015.
Reviewed April 9, 2018

My best friend and I wanted to try a Michelin restaurant in NYC. Although having really good flavors, the dishes didn't wow me. Maybe I was expecting something more from a Michelin rated restaurant.

Reviewed April 8, 2018

We went to Dovetail while visiting NYC for my wife's 30th birthday. We have both been vegetarians for almost 7 years now and my in-laws, who were with us, are also vegetarians. We are from LA so we have been to many high end vegetarian/vegan restaurants. We looked at all the reviews about this place and were super excited to go here.

It did not disappoint in any way. The service was on point. The food blew us away. The wine was extraordinary. All four of us did the vegetarian tasting menu (7 courses) and three of us did the wine pairing. There is nothing that we would change about our experience here. I would HIGHLY recommend Dovetail to anyone that is in NYC. It is pricey but it is an experience that you will remember forever.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

An evening to remember- from the friendly staff that welcomes you at reception aa if they’ve known you forever, this restaurant is perfect! There was an amuse bouche to start - these tiny “tastings” were extraordinary- the dinners are delicious and beautifully prepared. Service was clearly well trained and accommodating for all requests. Very expensive but worth the cost for a special evening

Reviewed March 17, 2018

We took the vegan dish that was really outstanding. We had like 13 different excellent dishes each one tests different and very special. Service was outstanding! we are definitely eager to go back to this restaurant next time we are in NY.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

I was diagnosed with cancer, had just come out of a three-week hospital stay, and was about to undergo chemo. Once therapy started, I was not allowed to eat at restaurants. Although my diet was extremely limited after surgery, I knew I wanted to celebrate the next phase. Dovetail has always been one of my favorites. The chef prepared a perfect meal for me and also my partner, who had no restrictions. The wine selection is unbelievable. Great service in a five star setting, but not fussy in the least. Last meal out for months or a great special moment in NYC, it is a wonner!