“Good food, Great Service, Authentic”
Review of Bocca di Bacco

Bocca di Bacco
Reserve with OpenTable
Bocca di Bacco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #509 of 15,763 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 54th and 55th Avenues
Transit: E train to 42nd street
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Don’t expect typical Italian-American style dishes like parmigiana, lasagna, piccata, etc. However, this place has really fresh dishes with very good pasta and interesting sauces. Lots of fish/seafood options. The service was excellent.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

What a treat! We happened upon this quiet spot with superb Italian food. The food reminded me of when I visited Italy. The service was great. I would recommend.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

I don't write a lot of reviews, but thought this was worth it. I'm Italian and go to Italy often, so I am often skeptical of reviews on Italian restaurants, by people who may not have had the real thing. Bocca di Bacco, is as close to some of the places I've been to in Italy as I've found.

I had the osso bucco dish and it was phenomenal! My girl had the pasta with Ricotta and spinich and it was equally as good. I also checked out dished on the way in and at the table next to ours and the rice balls looked terrific!

We loved the decor, the intimacy of it and our waiter Simone was first rate! We didn't drink or have apps so two entrees a side and one dessert and coffee came to $100 with the tip! The bang for the buck was all there! Incidentally... if you haven't had panna cotta for dessert... just get it here! You don't find it on every Italian restaurant menu so it's a good indicator or authenticity for me. It was awesome!

I haven't been to all three, but the one on 9th was well worth it! IF there was a negative and there really wasn't, it was salt. Most Italian places over salt because there is so much of the menu that has salt in it already. Our brocoli rabe could have used a little salt and there wwas none on the table. That's not a bad thing. The rabe was perfect and I could do without the salt. My girl didn't notice. Book it at bocca!

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

We had a great dinner with friends here and have to say service was excellent. We started with eggplant rollatini and then gnocchi and to finish we had the red snapper with mussels and clams. All was tasty but the fish was served with the mussels and clams underneath which made it impossible to cut. All in all nice dinner

Reviewed February 20, 2018

We were able to get a same night reservation. One of us had the Gorgonzola Pasta and one had the Filet Mignon special. Both were delicious; steak cooked perfectly. We started with the cheese platter which was so good and enough to take some home afterwards. We asked for a wine recommendation and the waiter didn't really have one, just sort of explained what the different wine types were, but that was okay. Prefer someone not recommend if they aren't familiar with the wines. Overall it was a good menu, well prepared food, priced what I expected, very nice experience.