“Can't believe the value”
Review of Bangkok House

Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3, S, 7, N, Q, R to 42nd St. Times Square
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Never expected a restaurant in the mostly over-priced 46th street (Restaurant Row) to offer such great food at very attractive prices. From the calamari to the dumplings, the food was fresh, served as ordered in terms of spicy or not, nothing greasy. Service was very pleasant and prompt. Of course, it was crowded and noisy as can be expected on the before-theater seating but the coat rack at the entrance allowed each diner to have enough room to be seated comfortably.. On my list of favorites for each return trip.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

If you're looking for a cheap lunch in the area, you could do worse. I still prefer pong sri or qi for atmosphere, but bangkok house is slightly cheaper. I would put all the food on par with each other.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Delicious dishes, very tasty but fried bananas dessert was little greasy; pleasant and attentive staff, good fast service. My ONLY complaint was the music: rap was very jarring to the atmosphere, even after requesting it be lowered (which they readily accomodated); the sounds of eminen and other rap "artists" ( some songs laced with profanity.."f"- word) detracted greatly. I don't mind mellow pop...doesn't have to be Eastern music...but rap was very inappropriate.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I wish I could say I enjoyed the food here as much as the other reviewers but, for the most part, I didn't. My meal started with a very tasty spicy shrimp soup, but the salad, the entrée, and the dessert all lacked the flavor I typically enjoy at other Thai restaurants.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

We went here after seeing a show, it was close to our theatre and not to hard to find. The drinks were OK, but the food was very good. The prices were reasonable and if I am ever in the area again I would eat here in a heartbeat.

1  Thank TexasGLS