“Nice Hotel and close to everything I wanted to see”
Review of Wellington Hotel

Wellington Hotel
Ranked #325 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel was beautiful and comforting and the rates were good. I was booked at the different hotel and switched after the first night because it was a nightmare. Spent two nights and the Wellington. The staff was courteous and willing to help.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Trip4LH
There are newer reviews for Wellington Hotel

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed at the Wellington Hotel for a business trip. Though yes things were a little out dated and yes the room my be smaller than the average room I felt that for the money paid was very fair given the general location. I did quite a bit of walking so it was nice to have things so close. Also you save on taxi fare. I guess the only issue I would say I had is the mattress was a little hard but overall I was happy with the stay.

2  Thank GatorFan023
Reviewed 21 April 2012

A bit late writing this review but wanted to rant about the brilliance of this hotel. Excellent location, large warm welcoming foyer and swift service at reception. Friendly staff and bell boys - remember to tip well. I booked a room for 3 adults and was surprised to be allocaetd a room ample to sleep 6. Room view wasn't great but then who cares, we only came back at night to sleep. It's a short walk from the theatre district and times square. We walked to Macy's in about 20 mins. Close to central park if you fancy a stroll away from the hustle bustle of NYC. There were plenty of nice eateries in the area so never short of food. Would highly recommend if you dont want to be paying cab fares to get around the main area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank holidayqueen123
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Booked hotel from Internet and was a little nervous about what it would be like.
So surprised booked in and in room within 2 minutes of arriving staff really pleasant room clean but bathroom really dated and looked a little dirty, but overall room very comfortable.
Went downstairs for a drink and found a wonderful authentic Greek restaraunt with again friendly staff. Sampled meatballs and cocktails and thought we were back in santorini (we got married there three years ago). Overall all of the staff in the hotel are so friendly and made the stay so pleasant would come back again. It was a pleasant surprise as the last hotel I stayed in was hotel Pennsylvania and I still hafe nightmares

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank wifey1909
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I had stayed in this hotel 15 years ago so it was a nostalgia selection. The staff were helpful and the foyer welcoming. We wanted a king room so were in the east wing - a bit of a maze but staff showed us the way. The room was clean and spacious with a tiny but newish bathroom. I did not master having a shower with a constant temperature - I was screaming at boiling or freezing water.

You don't spend much time in your room but facilities are basic. No fridge, no coffee machine. I guess you get what you pay for. I booked on their website so was eligible for free wifi which was a bonus.

You are close to absolutely everything and there are so many local eateries to try. The down stairs cafe has a good breakfast menu although staff are a bit abrupt. But I find that just part of being in NY.

I stuffed up my booking dates and the staff could have penalised me a days fees but were very understanding and accommodated us as far as they could.

Yes it was an okay stay but maybe I'll try somewhere else next visit.

1  Thank Granny-Mae
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Spring Break 2012 with the kids was wonderful in New York City! We stayed at the Wellington Hotel on 7th street. Not a bad $$, but using our rewards was even better. Our room was "ok". Went in the month of April so we didn't need heat or air. But through the evenings we heard alot of "banging" on the pipes, like it could have been the heat "trying to go on". But as many know, New York is the city that never sleeps. Wasn't so bad. The location is wonderful! You can walk to Central Park, Times Square, Rockafeller Center, many cool attractions and you can pick up the double decker tour buses right at the corner! Location is what it was all about for us!

Room Tip: Ask about the view out your window. We did not have a good view at all.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Barb B
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed 2 nights, dirty, dirty and not clean. Had to call for clean towels, the ones in bathroom were from previous guests. Smelled, dusty, afraid to sleep on sheets, bed bugs maybe. Rude staff, no info in room about hotel. Never again. Great location but many other hotels in area.

1  Thank Janet F