“Manhatten club new York”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Manhattan Club

The Manhattan Club
Ranked #191 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Manhatten club new York”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We are staying here right now! Certainly a fabulous location! Don't agree with reviews of not being clean- yes a little worn - but in a comfy way and spotless bathrooms! Couldn't be happier with the place!!

Room Tip: A view would have been nice - when they say view of the park they mean Park hotel! But nice staff an...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Learning how happy you were with your stay at The Manhattan Club fills us with delight. We love to hear when a guest enjoyed not only our location but the accommodations as well. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again for another visit to NYC and The Manhattan Club.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Elora, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Location. Location, Location, perfect for all New Year festivities, 10 min stroll to Times Square, 5 min to the park, room was large, very clean, all staff very good, would go back anytime, but my wife said I had to much fun, only negative was a noise at night from the elevators because all else was quiet...also my wife trapped one roach in the middle of the living room

Room Tip: Penthouse area is worth the price versus regular rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 645propane
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this review, 15 January 2012
Happy New Year! We're delighted that so much fun was had by all on New Year's Eve. The Manhattan Club is as you mentioned conveniently located to many of NYC's great attractions including Times Square and ideal for ringing in the New Year. We’re disappointed that we did not have an opportunity to address any of your concerns during the time of your stay and hope you won’t hesitate to let us assist you in the future. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Nassau County, Long Island NY
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We just stayed at the Manhattan Club for 3 nights and we will probably stay somewhere else next time we are in the city. Here's the good and bad:

Good: location, size of room, cost was reasonable (see below though), gym and lounge upstairs

Bad: the carpets were not clearn, the bathroom sink did not drain, the heat could not be turned off, the wait for the elevators was absurd. Also, while we were willing to sit through the time-share pitch to get the better rate (and we were thinking about possible purchase), the irritation of being kept waiting for the appointment and then it going over the 90 minutes was inexcusable. The discussion was endless and irritating with so many questions about what we like to do on vacations, etc. Silly business move!

Overall, love Manhattan but not the Manhattan Club so much. We passed so many other hotels in our walks that all looked more appealing

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank NYfamily1
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
It’s disappointing that although you’ve shared an appreciation for our location as well as room size, gym and lounge that we were not able to fully impress you during your stay. Please accept our regrets for any inconveniences you may have experienced at the time of your visit with us. We value all feedback positive or otherwise and will use this opportunity to strengthen our commitment to providing the best in service to each and every guest. Thank you.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We recently stayed for 4 nights in a one bedroom, 2 bathroom room with our 12 year old daughter. What a fantastic location and hotel. The room was large enough for all of us. We had read about the slow elevator but I would have to say with 26 floors and 186 rooms that it was not that slow in the time we stayed. Housekeeping was great and answered all our calls very quickly when we made them (and we stayed over the Christmas period so you might think it would be a little slower). We will definitely stay here again if we return to NYC.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jacqui K
We are so happy that your stay during Christmas time was such a positive experience. Manhattan is a wonderful and exciting place to visit, especially when the holidays are upon us. Thank you for your kind acknowledgements of our housekeeping staff which will be passed along to them. We look forward to welcoming you back again to The Manhattan Club.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I stayed with a friend who has a time share; my daughter and I have stayed at beautiful hotels worldwide and are not snobs, and we hated this place. The rooms were dirty, the carpeting, upholstery, countertops etc were dirty as well. The staff unhelpful and unfriendly. Rooms are dark and dreary. Filthy would be a better word when it comes to the upholstery! When we walked into the lobby late at night I did not feel safe and felt like I was in a very sketchy place. The halls were dismal and dark, some areas were VERY narrow, could barely walk through without banging luggage against the wall. Luckily, I was not the paying customer, I would have been furious and appalled at the conditions. You could not pay me to stay here again. My friend offered me the place for additional days but we could not stay any longer than one night. I didn't sleep a wink, the fold out was uncomfortable. I would rather pay $500/night somewhere else and feel clean and secure than stay at the Manhattan club for a second. I don't write reviews normally but felt I had to in this case. Trust me you can pay less and have a significanly better experience!!! Previous reviewer was right Howard Johnson's or a Holiday Inn would be a better choice! You can pass on this one!

• Stayed December 2011
8 Thank Travelonbike
TheManhattanClub, General Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Your input and feedback is welcomed and we appreciate the time taken to share your experience with us. It is disappointing when a guest leaves feeling they did not have their expectations met as this does not reflect the high standards of customer service that we strive to achieve. Rest assured guest safety, friendly services as well as the cleanliness of our rooms are all high priorities for our staff. We’re disappointed that we did not have the opportunity to address any of your concerns during your stay, but grateful for your feedback.
Miami Florida
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I chose this hotel solely based on the location. I should have done the research first. This is a time share hotel. I was not a time share guest but instead I paid about $400 per night and I expected it to be a great experience but it was not. It all started about a week before my arrival. I kept on getting 877 number calls on my cell phone. I finally called back only to find out that it was the Manhattan Club calling. They wanted to schedule a tour of the facilities. I told them that I was a hotel guest and why would I want to tour the facilities and asked them not to call me anymore? It gets worse. Upon check in my hotel package included free parking. The woman at the front desk could not seem to understand this very simple concept. She kept on saying that there was an envelope for me from the manager and she did not know what was in it(almost like I was entitled to some sort of prize). At this point it felt very cheesy and like a time share tour. It turns out my envelope contained my parking vouchers. They asked for my driver's license and took it in the back to make a copy of it. I travel often and I NEVER have anyone make a copy of my license. They also took an imprint of my credit card which is common. Go to their website and look at their choice of words to describe the room like sumptuous. I can tell you the rooms are old and outdated. They also are very small even though I was booked into a jr suite. The bathroom is brass and dated like the 1980's. My carpet and furniture were dirty. My phone rang and it was a gentleman asking what I thought of the room. I told him I was not happy and he said he would get back to me with a solution. I unfortunately did not get his name and no one called back to follow up. I proceeded to leave but had to wait 15 minutes for an elevator. I am not kidding as you look at other reviews you will see this come up over and over as they do not have enough elevators for the demand. I think what made my stay awful was on my last day I was under the weather. My phone kept on ringing and I finally picked it up only to be asked when I wanted to tour the ambassador club. Even though I was paying full rate and not on a reduced rate or being giving some sort of incentive they continued to harass me about a tour of this property. This is unacceptable. If you are visiting as a time share guest you might be ok with all of this. I was not.
The parking is unusual. Even if your room comes with free parking you need to pay each day at the front desk with a voucher. I found out the hard way on my way to a meeting. They brought my car around and I gave them the green claim check and a tip. Instead of giving me my keys they said I need to give them a receipt that I paid for parking. I told them I left a credit card imprint at the front desk and that I still had three more nights so why would I pay every time I leave. They said that you need to pay each time you leave and present a receipt. They acted like I would leave and not pay for parking. I had to go back to the front desk and wait in line. I was so happy to check out.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
13 Thank belair100
While we never like to hear that any of our guests have a less than satisfactory experience, we are always grateful for any feedback as it allows us an opportunity to learn where we can improve our services. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced at the time of your visit with us. We truly regret that your stay did not measure up to your expectations. Thank you for your time.
Rhode Island
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband and I just returned from a one night stay at the Manhattan Club. We stayed in a one bedroom suite that was more than impressive. The room was clean and very nicely appointed. Two bathrooms is just unbelivable for a Manhattan hotel. The location of the hotel is very convenient to all of the sites in the city. The only thing that we did not like is that we were unable to regulate the temperture in the room. The hotel staff were very helpful and eagar to please. The lobby was very nicely decorated for Christmas. We are definately looking forward to returning to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank valentine214
TheManhattanClub, Public Relations Manager at The Manhattan Club, responded to this review, 26 December 2011
We are definitely looking forward to your return to The Manhattan Club as well! It's always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests and to learn of their impressions of our hotel. Thank you for all the kind words extended in your review as it truly means so much to us. We hope that the room temperature was comfortable for both you and your husband and that any inconvenience was minimal. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again. Happy Holidays!