7,948 results
All reviewstimes squarepigalle restaurantgreat locationfood emporiumfire stationnew yorkfridge and microwaveattached restaurantcentral parkaround the cornerthe theater districtwithin walking distancerestaurant rowstreet noisehell's kitchenhigher floorwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

The Hilton Garden Inn on 8th Avenue was a very nice stay close to so much.
We interacted with several courteous staff there. The one who stood out the most was Roman. He was very friendly every time we approached the front desk and helped us right away when we lost a leather belt when switching rooms.
Our original room was a corner king with a sleeper sofa. The view wasn’t that good and my daughter thought the sleeper was uncomfortable. We switched to a double queen and she was much more comfortable. And the view (pictured below) was very nice.
The rooms are very clean. The breakfast (to purchase) in the lobby was not very good. One morning buying it and we didn’t return. But we had several meals in the dining area that we brought back to the hotel. Which was very nice.
I would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Andrew L, Hotel Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Darla V,

Thank you so much for this kind feedback! I am happy to hear our staff; in particular, Roman had a positive impact on your stay. I will make sure to go back and share these kind words with him personally. On a separate note, I am sorry the breakfast experience fell short of your expectations. We continue to look for ways to improve the product and are constantly trying new items to ensure we have something that meets all our guests’ needs. If there is something, in particular you were looking for that was not on our menu please feel free to share as we welcome all recommendations. Once again, thank you so much and I hope to see you on your next trip to the Big Apple!

Reviewed August 13, 2018

This was the perfect location for our 2 day trip to NYC. The hotel room was great and the staff even better. We walked almost everywhere we wanted to go. They also allowed us to store our bags after check-out for FREE! I would definitely return!

Stayed: August 2018
Andrew L, Hotel Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you so much for this 5 STAR review. I am happy to hear you had a chance to interact with our amazing staff and you are definitely right, the location can't be beat! Hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

The hotel is located just a few blocks from Times Square and easy walking distance . We stayed 3 nights for a shopping trip. The rooms are small but it didn’t matter because I was out most of the day shopping. Friendly staff and Easy Check- in. I will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive thoughts about our staff and location. You are 100% right about the shopping in this area. Whether you are going to the world’s famous Macy’s on 34th street or strolling down 5th avenue there is something for everyone! Feel free to reach out prior to your next shopping trip for some great tips on local NYC boutiques.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Very impressed. I'm a Hilton honors member so I've stayed in plenty locations in various states.

First, the front desk people were great. The room I was originally assigned didn't have a street view. They fixed it quickly - very happy, because trust me, other hotels would play the "we're booked" game.

Room was nice, very clean with a large tv, Keurig coffee machine, microwave, and fridge. Bathroom was also nice, updated, nice shower. Very quiet - can't hear any road noise or noise from other rooms.

Location - I personally feel it's one of the best locations in NYC. It's just off Broadway which I liked. I did not actually want to be on Broadway but it's a two block walk. 8th ave is loaded with great spots to shop and dine. Blocks from central park.

One note; you might read that they have a rooftop bar. It closed in February.

Room Tip: As the front desk about rooms with a street view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Maria Isabel A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Thank you for your 5 star review of our hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Coming in from Dallas on a 6am flight I was exhausted. I was so grateful to have Michelle check me in. She was awesome! The fact that she was able to get me an early check in was a major bonus. Thank you Michelle! I know this HGI location is always in high occupancy but I’m impressed with every stay with how well the hotel is managed and find the entire staff very friendly.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your review however it is intended for the Garden Inn property on West 42nd Street.

Please post your review to the correct property as I am certain their management and guests would appreciate your feedback and perspective.