1,567 results
All reviews bryant park times square courtyard marriott typical courtyard great location new york great view of the empire state duane reade penn station would definitely stay here again flat screen tv few blocks bathroom door around the corner early check clean hotel mini fridge
Reviewed July 10, 2018

I stayed at this hotel with my family in July, 2018 and below is an account of my experience.

The good:

Excellent location convenient to Times Square, Bryant Park, subway stations at either end of the block and drug stores on the same block.

Quiet room. I was up high and didn't hear any street noise or any sounds from neighboring rooms.

Good lounge area to hang out in.

Computers to print boarding passes.

Refrigerator in room and free WiFi. I will never stay at a property that doesn't have free WiFi.

Jason, the bell man, was very friendly and helpful.

The bad:

Hotel website lists check in at 3 pm. We arrived at 3 and were told our rooms were not ready yet, that they would be ready very soon. We checked our bags and went to get something to eat. When we came back an hour later, the rooms were still not ready. We were given two excuses. Excuse number one was that the rooms had a late check out. Why should one customer be inconvenienced for another customer? Excuse number two was there was a linen supply problem. We were told it would be just another 5 or 10 minutes. It was an additional 45 minutes, nearly 5 pm to get the rooms. One in my party was not feeling well, so it was extra distressing for this delay.

We were given vouchers for breakfast the following day and I think 1,000 points for the inconvenience. I noticed a lot of frustrated other customers waiting to get their rooms. The hotel needs to get a better grip on issues that are preventing on time check ins.

Breakfast is pricey considering it is simple, microwaved food.

The only other negative observation was that the grout on the bathroom floor and shower seem to be neglected for a long time and were very grubby. At this point, it's probably beyond scrubbing and in need of re-grouting..

I try to stay at Marriott wherever I can. Would I stay here again? Yes, I would because the positives still outweigh the negatives.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Travelsgirl93
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Travelsgirl93,

Thank you for sharing your review with other travelers. It's great to read that you enjoyed our superb location and great amenities. Whit that being said, we're sorry that you had to wait for your room to be ready. Our goal is to provide outstanding service, and we continually strive to improve our efforts. Your feedback is important, and we look forward to making your next stay even better.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

When I stay in NYC, I usually stay at the Beekman (see older review) as it’s downtown, you can hit any train to go uptown, etc. But on occasion, when I want to be a “tourist,” or am shooting in and out of the city for less than 36-48 hours total, I look to Marriotts and Courtyards in particular as the consistency across the chain has been, and continues to be, excellent. This one is no exception.

I stayed there June 28-30th, 12th floor, and it’s exactly what I expected. A standard, Marriott room with an updated decor, a nice walk-in shower (as compared to tubs - thank you Marriott) and enough power bank plugs for all my electronics (iPad, iPhone, Fuji Camera gear, etc). Unless you are on one of the high floors you are going to stare at another building’s wall - don’t go here expecting a view. I wasn’t there for that... I was there for proximity to Bryant Park, Times Square, my favorite fast food joints, and access to all uptown trains in under 10 minutes.

The Square never stops bustling, was quite lively at 2am Friday morning, but being right off the Square gives you a nice reprieve. They do breakfast here, which is standard fare (we go out for food wherever we are but if you are looking for something to get your day started, this will more than do it), floors are card access only for security reasons, and once you park your car - that’s it. Don’t expect to see it until you leave. Valet is a bit pricey compared to other places in NYC I’ve stayed (about 5 dollars more a day) but worth it for being midtown.

If you want to come to the city to people watch, do Times Square, need access to any parts of Manhattan (or the other boroughs) by train, easily reach tourist destinations, or just feel the hustle and bustle of the city - you won’t go wrong here. It’s a standard Marriott courtyard, which for me means consistent, high quality for the price paid, and you know exactly what you are getting before you even get there. It takes any worries about what the hotel will be like before you even get there.

Nice job Marriott. I’m sure I’ll be back there again when I have a short stay in the city.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Dear Gregory,

Thank you for choosing our brand once again, and we are glad to welcome you at the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square. We are delighted you liked our ideal location and all the facilities we have to offer. Thanks for being our guest, and we look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

It is very good location to go shopping and dining but some homeless people were there just outside of entrance. I didn't feel good. But hotel room was very clean and stuff were very friendly. I hope hotel stuff should think about that situation.

Room tip: I didn't ask anything about room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Dear kobokun,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to post your review. It is nice to know that you found our location perfect to explore the city and were pleased with our excellent room and service. We appreciate your observation and will definitely address the issue. We hope you will choose the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square the next time you visit NYC.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

The rooms are clean, the property is well taken care of. The staff is knowledgable, friendly and extremely helpful. You cant beat this location. I've stayed here 3 times and will return.Despite being right off times square the rooms I've stayed in were quite.

Room tip: I've stayed here 3 times, I've not had a room I didnt like.
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mboxhamilton
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear mboxhamilton,

Thank you for your choosing our hotel once again! Your return business is the best compliment we can receive, and it tells me our efforts are creating happy guests. Thanks for your continued business, and we can't wait to welcome you back to the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We visited NYC to go to a Broadway show. We are frequent visitors and this was one of the better visits. I requested adjoining rooms so my kids could be nearby. They accomplished this without difficulty. We loved the location. 1/2 block to Bryant park. 2 blocks to the middle of Times Square. I would not describe the hotel as top of the line, but it was solid. The rooms were kind of small, though not small for NYC. If you are going to Broadway, this place is worth a look.

Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Russell K,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest at the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square. We are glad we exceeded all your expectations and that you especially appreciated your comfortable room. Reviews such as yours mean a lot, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.