Given the very positive comments from the majority of the reviewers, I expected a little bit more. Sure, the hotel is OK, but nothing more than that. The main concern that I have is about the noise (a lot of it!) coming from the street - the windows let all the noise in (and my room was on the 11th floor!) which made the night quite uncomfortable.
- the complimentary breakfast was slightly disappointing - limited choice of food in an over-crowded room, and you would have to clean your table after the previous guests if you'd like to sit without waiting for an unreasonable time.
- the wifi went on and off all the time, which is annoying if you are trying to work.
- great location, friendly and polite staff, very nice restaurant in the lobby, great view of the Empire State Building while drinking a beer on the roof terrace.
My 2 cents: the lack of attention for details makes this hotel just OK, definitely not great. If you find a discounted rate, go for it, otherwise look somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Metro is an independent boutique hotel in the heart of midtown Manhattan, one block from the Empire State Building and a 2 minute walk to Macy's. Times Square and Madison Square Garden and Grand Central Station are all within a 10 minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Metro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metro Hotel New York City
- Hotel Metro New York