10,347 results
All reviews grand central station cozy queen new york times square madison avenue lobby bar rockefeller center hotel is in a great location empire state few blocks nyc midtown subway starbucks broadway jfk
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Ambassador suite is sooooooo big, I wish my NyC apt, was this size. We love it. elegant and old fashion. And the roof is so nice and relaxing.

Room Tip: Ambassador suite is just great!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mon2903
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Hotel is VERY dated. Room was a little nasty. Two different colors of wallpaper seamed together. Nasty old carpet. Bed was Ok. Telephone wires were hanging out of the wall. Air conditioner was older than I am. Regular TV with regular cable. Not like the hilton where you can rent movies and watch certain things. Its satellite and it was CONSTANTLY cutting out. Bathroom had nasty old tile and grout. Toilet was old everything was just BLEH. Seriously I gave it a solid 1/5

Room Tip: Someone said they are updating some rooms? Ask for one of those!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
rooseveltnyc, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. We would like to let you know that we are in the beginning stages of a guestroom upgrade that is scheduled to be completed by February 2012. We do hope that you will visit us again to see our new, improved product.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Me and my mom stayed at the Roosevelt for 2 days in July and it was great!. After reading some reviews online I was a little worried about bed bugs, but our mattresses looked brand new, the beds were extremely comfortable and the entire room was squeaky clean. The only thing that would have made the room perfect was a coffee maker! There are several places to get coffee next to the hotel, but it would have been nice to have coffee in the room. It was ridiculously expensive to order coffee from room service so we just walked next door to a lovely little cafe that served excellent coffee. I wish I could remember the name.

The location of the hotel is very nice because it is in a quiet location, yet you can easily walk a few blocks and you're in Times Square. We got to the hotel early and they had no problem holding on to our luggage until our room was ready. The lobby was a bit crowded and noisy, but it was a busy hotel! Once we got to our room, it was quiet. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor away from the elevators and it was very quiet. Loved it!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Roosevelt is a lovely hotel in what I think is a perfect location. It is close to the theater district and midtown, yet it is quieter than most hotels in the area. A well-equipped fitness center is important to me and the Roosevelt has it- machines, free weights, water and even fresh fruit. The room was small but had everything I needed and in NYC, you don't really spend a lot of time in the room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2011

A very decent hotel. Great location near (just a few blocks) Grand Central, front desk service is excellent. Clean room. Would stay here again. Big rooms, comfortable bed. Lobby is gorgeous.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple