10,264 results
All reviewsgrand central stationcozy queennew yorktimes squaremadison avenuelobby barrockefeller centerhotel is in a great locationempire statefew blocksnycmidtownsubwaystarbucksbroadwayjfk
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Yes it is an older hotel with some things not perfect but that is also the charm of the hotel, the history, the vibe. If you want perfection then choose somewhere else but this was a fantastic place to stay the front lobby and Madison bar look great. We had excellent service from the baggage porter who went out of his way to come to our room a day after we arrived to give the kids a Roosevelt hotel Teddy bear each. The breakfast buffet waiter who taught the kids a new way to fold a napkin each day and to the staff in the Madison bar who looked after us and the kids by preparing kid friendly meals not on the menu. We had a room on the 15th floor and yes the room was a bit hot and the bathroom needed a little work but the location and service made up for any cosmetic problems.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
rooseveltnyc, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the hotel! We pride ourselves on our exceptional service and its wonderful to hear that you and your family had a great stay! We hope to see you again soon and I hope the kids enjoy the teddies!

Reviewed October 9, 2011

A grand Dame ok but Air con needs replacing and staff need an attitude check , especially the ones on the roof top bar!!!!

Room Tip: Away from street
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mervyn64
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Nice room, simple, but comfortable. The view was just of all the buildings and lit up windows surrounding the hotel-- that was kind of cool. The old-time feel in the lobby was one of the things that we liked the most about it. The place has an interesting history. More of a business-stay hotel, with a fairly relaxed vibe.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NoneNamedYet
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed here with my partner last February. Walking in the lobby takes your breath away.

We had problems checking in (a problem on the booking side with Expedia, NOT with the hotel). But that was resolved by the friendly front desk staff. The room was lovely. HUGE comfortable bed, rooms cleaned daily. Sure, the bathroom was a little dated but it was clean and the shower was always hot.

Location wise, this is FANTASTIC!! For those coming into JFK, get the busses outside the airport to Grand Central and it's litrally a 2 minute walk. You can walk to Times Square from this hotel, and Central Park if you so wish. But with it being so close to Grand Central Station, you are linked to everywhere via Subway. It's seriously the most ideal location.

Now, for people moaning about a few things (just addressing a few things from the few reviews I've read)...
1) Yes, the beds are HUGE! This is an american thing I think. Don't go booking the biggest bed you can and then complain about it!

2) the decor... When I went, the decor was what some people would call dated. I call it a beautiful period property. Sure, some things like the bathroom suites needed updating, but it was clean and functioning.

3) the noise... errm, hello? you do realise you booked a trip to New York right? The one place in the world where if the traffic isn't moving people blast their horns? We were only a couple of floors up, and just around the corner from the main street and I slept fine (and I'm a light sleeper). If you have trouble sleeping wit traffic noise, bring earplugs if you're THAT sensitive. Remember, YOU'RE IN NEW YORK!!

Overall, any problems we encountered were fault of Expedia, not the Roosevelt. I just wish the price wasn't so high as I would love to go again at the end of this month to see the refurbishment, but I just can't afford it this time around. It's worth the money though.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cheapest room and it was HUGE and clean!
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
rooseveltnyc, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Thanks for your review! We are so glad that your stay was so wonderful!

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have been to NYC many times and this is probably the worst place I have stayed. This includes the fact I have stayed with my poor college friends in the past. The lobby is dressed up but the furniture is nasty. RUDE RUDE STAFF. They don't put bottled water in your room or have a minibar. The courtyard marriott at least does that and thats half the price. I would equate the lobby to being in a bus station. THe restroom in central park was cleaner than the lobby restroom. THE ROOM IS STANK. Nasty stained carpet that stinks, mysterious stains on the nasty bed spread, hairs in the tub. The concierge doesn't know anything, suggested a "nice girls breakfast" at Ann Mollies, some sewage smelling bar around the corner. I would spend the extra 50 bucks a night for a nicer room. The only positive...and this is a stretch, is you don't want to be in the room so you busy yourself all day long so you can pass out and not think about what might be in the sheets. Sorry for the negativity but its very true. Yuck

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business