10,350 results
All reviews grand central station cozy queen new york times square madison avenue lobby bar rockefeller center hotel is in a great location empire state few blocks nyc midtown subway starbucks broadway jfk
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife & I stayed at the Roosevelt, for 4 nights, when we visited New york to celebrate our Silver wedding anniversary, arriving on Tuesday 22nd November and leaving on Saturday 26th.

We chose this hotel, initially, for it's location, as it was close enough to a lot of the attractions to walk to them, and it inevitably turned out to be just that.... walking distance to Central Park, Times Square, Macy's, Bloomingdales, 5th Avenue, the Empire State Building, the list goes on!

Our first impressions of the hotel were "wow!" The entrance lobby was awesome, decked out with a large illuminated christmas tree right in the middle! It was more impressive than the photo's in the brochure or on their own website. It really has to be seen to appreciate it.

The receptionist was very polite and efficient and we were allocated a room on the 16th floor, which, fortunately for us, was one of the newly refurbished rooms.

The room was fantastic. A built in storage room (well, maybe a very large cupboard!), with an iron & ironing board, that was more than big enough for all of our luggage! The bathroom was very clean and certainly had enough shelf space for us (which I know other people have criticised.) and a hair dryer.

The bed was a queen sized bed, which was very comfortable, and there was a good sized flat screen tv.

The room was made up every day by the time we returned every evening, and the bathroom was always cleaned to an extremely good standard.

All the staff that we encountered were always pleasant and attentive, from the receptionist to the consierge, to the man in the gift shop.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in February 2009. The location is excellent - Grand Central Terminal is right outside the door so you can take the Metro North trains or Subway, and you are within easy reach of JFK by bus. That's the only good thing about this hotel. Good, if you just need a place to crash but it is not a cheap place to stay.
When you walk into the hotel, the lobby is very impressive, but nobody will help you with your luggage up the stairs to the level where the check-in counter is.
Once in your room, the lighting is very depressing. The rooms are in need of refurbishment. It was not filthy, but there was some writing on the wall and something that looked like either lipstick, blood or ketchup. The beds were quite comfortable, but there was a constant noise of what sounded like construction work or garbage truck all night. There is an AC/heater by the window but when you turn it on, it just blows air into the curtains. My room was facing the inside of the building so the view was abysmal.
Bathroom was ok but again, it could use some work. Some cracks on the bathtub and stain around the drain.
There is no minibar, no fridge. Just a pail and you can get ice from the ice machine on the floor. And they give you paper cups. And these cups were not replaced after the first day. I asked for some new cups and they brought them but after that I could not be bothered asking every single time so I ended up washing and re-using my paper cups for my 8-night stay. Very ecological, I guess! For a hotel of this class and price, I would expect a mini bar and proper glass.
So sadly, I won't be staying there again. Great location and lobby, but everything else about it is just not worth my money. Even motels in the countryside have better facilities.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We went with my husband on Christmas 2010, the location of this hotel is fantastic!! In the center, very close to Time square, 5th avenue and exactly opposite of the Crand Central Station. The first room that they gave us was extremely small but after we complained they gave us a big room with view to the street. The room was clean and warm and every afternoon the hotel was offering free hot beverages and cookies at the reception area. Roosevelt hotel is a very good option if you want to visit New York.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eleni_gak
rooseveltnyc, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you so much for your review. It's great to hear hat you had a wonderful stay. We always offer delicious treats in our lobby during the seasons. Glad you enjoyed!

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Great location, but very disappointed with our last stay. Although the rates had increased, our room was smaller, and very tired. The remote didn't work and the hairdryer shut off very couple of minutes. The temperature control unit was very noisy periodically. Felt like Motel 6 for these reasons. The bed was very comfortable on the other hand and the hotel has a grand old lobby

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks for reviewing us! We are in the process of upgrading our guestrooms, a project that is planned to be completed by February 2012. Please come back and visit our new guestrooms or visit our website for a look at what's in store!

Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend while in town for a wedding. I was a bit concerned with the poor reviews, but it was absolutely fine. The location is great, and while the room was not particularly special, by NY standards (expensive, small, outdated fixtures), it was perfectly acceptable. I was impressed with the front desk staff, who were very friendly and helpful during every interaction.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us! We have a wonderful Front Desk staff that are happy to serve you! We also wanted to let you know that we are currently going through a guestroom upgrade so all our furniture and fixtures will be updated with a fresh look. Visit our website for more details and photos or come back to see for yourself! The project is planned to be completed by February 2012.