The Roosevelt Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Gotham Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
The Mansfield(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
9,926 results
All reviewsgrand central stationcozy queennew yorktimes squaremadison avenuelobby barrockefeller centerhotel is in a great locationempire statefew blocksnycsubwaybroadwaymidtownstarbucksjfk
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My fiancé and I just returned back to england from here last week and all I can say is fab fab fab!!!!
The location is excellent and the hotel itself is beautiful. The lobby most definitely has the wow factor and we certainly can't complain about our room either. It was on the 4th floor and we were told it had been refurbished. Having not been to the hotel before I can't comment on what it was like prior to refurbishment but it certainly ticked all boxes for us.
It wasn't the biggest hotel room we've stayed in but it wasn't tiny either! It was just a lovely size for us and the bed was very big and may I add, extremely clean and very comfortable.
As was the bathroom. Ok so the bath and decor was a bit dated but as long as its spotlessly clean then how can we complain?!
The girls on reception when we checked in were very friendly as was the concierge when we asked for some info and so were the men who took care of our cases on our last day.
If I was to complain about anything at all the only tiny thing would be the view we had. There wasn't anything to see other than a generator but who goes to NYC anyway to spend time looking out of a hotel window?! We certainly didn't.
I give our whole trip including the hotel a 10 out of 10 and wouldn't hesitate for a second about staying here again.
Thanks for making our stay wonderful.

3  Thank littleclaire23
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Booked a 3 night stay at The Roosevelt as I wanted to treat my mum with a trip to new York. Booked a superior double double as the site lead me to believe that the rooms were spacious - not the case.

I had emailed the hotel in advance and asked for a room on a renovated floor (had read that they had undergone a multi million dollar refurbishment), away from the elevators and on a high floor. When we checked in, we were allocated a room on the 3rd floor right next to the elevator. The girl on reception had told me that the room was one of the renovated ones.

Upon arrival in the room I was disappointed to say the least. Dirty bathroom floor, room that was so small I had to go out into the hallway to change my mind, and wallpaper that was peeling - hardly what I would consider as a refurbished room.

I called reception to complain and was advised that every other room was full. I asked about upgrading and was told that it would cost $60 per night but the room wasn't refurbished. Had a look at the other room and it stank of smoke and looked like something out of a time warp - I was scared to open the closet in case I found a body!

Complained again and was advised that the only floors that had been refurbished were 3,4 and 16. We were eventually allocated another room on 3rd which was marginally better than the other 2 but still not great. The room we ended up with had a lovely view of a brick wall and noisy air con vent in addition to a bath from which the water didn't drain!

All in all a very misleading establishment - website looks great as does the lobby but the rooms are a shambles - pay the extra and stay at the fabulous New York Palace!

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Stayed at The Roosevelt Nov. 22 - 26 2011. I had a group of 5 families joining my family for our Annual trip to NYC for the parade and to kick off the holiday season. After getting a great rate on the internet I made the reccomendation to the other families.I made an effort to stop by the hotel last year when in town to check out the lobby and from what I saw I felt confident in my decision. Well looks can be decieving. Upon check in @ 11 am was told that we could not have a remodeled room unless we wanted to pay a higher price. We decided to stay in a non-remodeled room and when we got into it were Very dissappointed in it (old and very tired decor and furnishings, and bathroom the same). I called the other families to warn them in advance, and to not be expecting too much. When another family arrived 3 hours later they were given a remodeled room at no additional charge, so upon returning later in the day made a request to be moved to a remodeled room and was accomodated. When we got into the newly remodeled room it was much smaller than the non remodeled room we had just moved from. I called down to the desk to make sure it was a Superior room like I had reserved and was told it was. Later after other families had arrived I compared rooms and I definately did not have the same room as the others did. Theirs were larger rooms. As for the remodel - it looks as though they painted and put up new wallpaper and curtains, along with new carpet. The bathroom was Not remodeled and was maybe painted. Upon check out I had carried my bags to the lobby myself and was putting them into storage for the day because we were leaving later in the afternoon. The bellman Asked for his tip in advanced because he may not be there when I returned later that day. I am never shy at tipping someone when it comes to good service but was offended that he asked me for it - I did not tip him but did tip the other bellman that helped me originally. To say the least I doubt if I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Ok hotel-fab location, lovely lobby, I got bit very badly on my legs. Stay at the Wellington or Edison. Same price but no bed bugs . Man in gift shop very very helpful... The fairy on reception Is an utter jobs worth .

1  Thank gemmawayney
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife & I stayed at the Roosevelt, for 4 nights, when we visited New york to celebrate our Silver wedding anniversary, arriving on Tuesday 22nd November and leaving on Saturday 26th.

We chose this hotel, initially, for it's location, as it was close enough to a lot of the attractions to walk to them, and it inevitably turned out to be just that.... walking distance to Central Park, Times Square, Macy's, Bloomingdales, 5th Avenue, the Empire State Building, the list goes on!

Our first impressions of the hotel were "wow!" The entrance lobby was awesome, decked out with a large illuminated christmas tree right in the middle! It was more impressive than the photo's in the brochure or on their own website. It really has to be seen to appreciate it.

The receptionist was very polite and efficient and we were allocated a room on the 16th floor, which, fortunately for us, was one of the newly refurbished rooms.

The room was fantastic. A built in storage room (well, maybe a very large cupboard!), with an iron & ironing board, that was more than big enough for all of our luggage! The bathroom was very clean and certainly had enough shelf space for us (which I know other people have criticised.) and a hair dryer.

The bed was a queen sized bed, which was very comfortable, and there was a good sized flat screen tv.

The room was made up every day by the time we returned every evening, and the bathroom was always cleaned to an extremely good standard.

All the staff that we encountered were always pleasant and attentive, from the receptionist to the consierge, to the man in the gift shop.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple