10,356 results
All reviews grand central station cozy queen new york times square madison avenue lobby bar rockefeller center hotel is in a great location empire state few blocks nyc midtown subway starbucks broadway jfk
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I travel to NYC almost every other month, if not more. My first choice for a hotel is The Roosevelt. I can't say enough about what a terrific location it is. In one direction, just a few blocks away, is Grand Central Terminal, in the other direction Times Square. Both easy walks, in both the summer and winter. The staff is most friendly and accommodating. I've eaten in the lobby bar, which the name fails me right now, and had a terrific hamburger, with friendly service. I've had wonderful room service breakfasts. I have stayed for business, for pleasure with my sister for a weekend getaway, by myself for a week getaway, and with my boyfriend for a romantic getaway. This is the perfect hotel for all situations. Usually when I leave, by the time I get home, I'm planning my next trip to NYC and the Roosevelt Hotel.

Room Tip: July 2012 was just my most recent stay, although I've stayed many times over the last year. I've had a wide range of rooms. Some of the rooms have been quite small, and others are pretty big for NYC, but they are all nicely decorated and very comfortable. If you want quiet I would only suggest that you note it to the front desk when you check in, and they can get you an inside room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
rooseveltnyc, Guest Relations Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for your review and great comments. We are so happy to hear from one of our many "regulars" who enjoy our central location, friendly staff, and great food. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked through Hotwire, so what we paid ( $314 for 2 nights room only) seemed great value for East Midtown but the room is literally tiny. When you try to walk past the end of the bed, you have to bend to avoid hitting the wall mounted TV. If you have 2 big cases like we did - lotsa luck! If that isn't a problem to you, then this hotel is located in just the right spot, it's clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. We're from the UK, so are used to small rooms but even by our standards, this is titchy. Haven't eaten here so can't comment. Wifi is $14.95 for 24 hours per device. Little steep.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your comments and review. We are very happy that our central midtown location and friendly staff made your trip across the pond memorable. Yes, guest rooms in NYC are on the cozy side compared to most other large cities. However, you cant beat our location. We do hope you stay with us again for any future NYC visits. Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent a long time choosing this hotel and now go back to it as repeat guests. Its location is perfect to the city and so well known. The service is remarkable, we spent a birthday there and the concierge arranged everything for us including help with a local bakery and cake that I required. The team were friendly and the rooms large for NY standards (previously stayed in hotels on Times Square and they were tiny) When we left we were sent away in a limo. The furnishings and beds were amazing, constantly serviced and spotlessly clean! We will continue to use this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Loved our room - long wait for lifts on occasion.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and review. We are so happy that the Roosevelt help make your stay in NYC so memorable. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My daughter and I only had a couple of days to spend in N.Y. city. The hotel lobby was lovely, like going back in time and seemed to encourage spending time there. The room was adequate, nothing special, but clean. I had been prepared for small size so that was not a surprise. There was no light in the closet and the safe was on the top shelf and not accessable for someone less than 6 feet tall. Staff was nice and very helpful. We were able to get tickets for a cruise and the conceirge even called to make sure the cruise would not be cancelled because of impending rain.We were also able to get double/deck bus tickets easily. It was a short walk to the bus stop. One inconvenience was a $15.00 charge for wi-fi. We stayed at 3 different hotels on our trip and this was the only one where we did not have free access. This made finding the places we were interested in seeing very difficult.(not able to access them online) Restaurants were difficult to find in the area, not knowing where anything was. Climbing some steps to access the lobby is also something to be aware of. All in all, a positive experience. Good outweighed the bad.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and review. We are very happy that our central location and friendly staff made your stay memorable. Yes, wifi is not a compliemetray service here at the Roosevelt. However, to ensure we remain competitive with our pricing, we do remain in constant contact with other midtown hotels regarding their wifi prices. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

When entering the hotel you are greeted to a gorgeous lobby. It takes you back to a time where the Roosevelt was a top notch hotel that catered to aristocracy. Unfortunately this is where it ends...

The rooms are in a definite need of an upgrade. There is a sign in the lobby saying that each room has been upgraded, but I am not sure that I see what progress has been made. The bathrooms were a bit hideous. Mould growing everywhere, urine smell and extremely compacted. Chips in the tile and a bit of a crack in the mirror. The room itself was showing wear on the wallpaper (peeling and dirty). The bedding while clean, had stains on it. We were in a room with two double beds and they were very comfortable. The room was well air conditioned and thank goodness for this! It was unbelievable hot out during our stay.

The staff were very friendly and willing to help out! The hotel gets an A+ in this regard.

The hotel does not offer free internet anywhere. I spent $30 for two days of internet. I was not happy at all.

The biggest point that this hotel has in its favour is the location. 45th and Madison! Loved where we were. We are huge theatre fans and loved being within walking distance of the theatre district, but not directly in the middle of the madness.

No evidence of bed bugs! Thank goodness.

Only stay here if you get a really good deal! There are much better properties in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
rooseveltnyc, Guest Relations Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments and review. Our most sincerest apologies for any cleanliness issues regarding the bathroom. Rest assure this will be immediately addressed. All the guest bedrooms have been renovated. The guests bathrooms are the next phase of a future renovation. We agree that our central location cant be beat and are equally happy to hear that our staff was most helpful during your stay. Again, thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to your next visit.