10,744 results
All reviews grand central station cozy queen new york times square madison avenue lobby bar rockefeller center hotel is in a great location empire state few blocks nyc midtown subway broadway jfk
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was so disappointed by this hotel. This is not a 4 star hotel. Their "renovations" are minimal. The bathrooms haven't been touched and are dated. Floors were sticky and dirty. The engineer needed to come to my room everytime in order to turn the TV on. The staff was unfriendly and not accomodating. I could have stayed at any NYC hotel during this visit. I feel the hotel misrepresents itself as a 4 star, newly renovated establishment. It really ruined my stay. Do not stay here.

Room tip: A good room most likely does not exist.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
rooseveltnyc, Guest Relations Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments and review. Our most sincere apologies that the Roosevelt did not meet your expectations. Rest assured your concerns will be addressed. Again our apologies and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My daughter found a cockroach in her room.

As a 19 year old who was warned by us not to make any scenes with her friends and not to go to the front desk complaining - she didn't.
I phoned as soon as she got home. We were told by front desk manager, that because they are on top of the subway, these things happen. We were offered $100.

I said that I wanted a full refund or another stay. Answer: No

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Elaine_Sadori

Thank you for your comments and review. Our most sincere apologies for the issues mentioned. Your concerns will be immediately addressed and an investigation is underway. Again our apologies and thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had a quick trip to NYC, and basically did not like the hotel. Its really a 2 star place but I gave them the benefit. The staff was mediocre, and the hotel was just old and tattered and needs a BIG Renovation. I also assumed they had CNBC in the room as every hotel in NYC has it - yeah they have it - In the bar ONLY. The location is a bit, let us say, funky and its just not a nice place to stay - never again.

Room tip: stay in another place
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thanks for your comments. We sincerely apologize that the Roosevelt did not meet your expectations. You concerns will be immediately addressed. Again, our apologies and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at the Roosevelt in the last 14 months. We booked 4 rooms for 6 nights. We asked for rooms on the same floor, this, I was told very abruptly on arrival hadnt been granted. We were put by the lift in a room where the window didn't close and neither did the bathroom door. Very very noisy. The lady on the telephone in the morning very swiftly dealt with this and moved us. My parents were not so lucky, unbelievably rude rude rude staff on the desk. I would like to say she was an exception to the rest but unfortunately not, she was moved under protest! Spoke to the manager about this who was very apologetic. My brothers beds hadn't been changed, the sheets had make up on. You could see daylight through the aircon unit and rather than request a room change they simply asked for an additional quilt only to be told there weren't any. On being told to stop being ridiculous the RUDE receptionist organised one, maybe she made it herself! Who cares about the size of the rooms, you are in New York you should just be sleeping in it but they are just not adequate. 1 drawer (seriously 1 drawer) in a quad room (4 people) for 6 nights. Small yes but fit for purpose they should be, no drawers, no where to lay your case out, 4 people= stress!!!!! It's a shame, fabulous location, very good price but I wouldn't go there again, felt like I was going into battle daily with their staff.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Nicola W

Thank you for your comments and review. Our most sincere apologies for any issues you experienced during your stay. Your concerns are noted and will be addressed. Regarding groups being on the same floor, like any request, we will try our best to meet the request, but it is never guaranteed. Again our apologies and thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have just returned from a 5 day break in New York staying at The Roosevelt Hotel which is perfectly located for 5th Avenue, Grand Central Station, Times Square and the theatre district. The reception is lovely with a nice bar for just sitting and people watching, the room we had was small, clean and had the most comfortable bed. The staff were helpful and responsive when we had a problem in our bathroom, would have been nice to have tea making facilities in the room.

Would recommend doing a City Tour which cost us $114 each but took us to Woodberry Common outlet, gave us 3 bus tours, got us to the top of the Tower, entry to a museum and a ferry tour so very good value. Would also recommend hiring bikes for a couple of hours and cycling round Central Park but be warned it is very hilly.

Room tip: we were in room 781 on 7th floor, no great views but perfectly adequate for our needs and booked through Hotwire so got a very good deal.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sansom123

Thank you for yourcomments and review. You said perfectly, we are located in the heart of mid-town which is in the middle of EVERYTHING. We are so happy that your stay was memorable. Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to your next visit.