10,262 results
All reviewsgrand central stationcozy queennew yorktimes squaremadison avenuelobby barrockefeller centerhotel is in a great locationempire statefew blocksnycmidtownsubwaystarbucksbroadwayjfk
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We recently stayed at the Roosevelt and it was great! Checked in with no problems, the front desk clerk was friendly and he told us if anything was wrong in the room to just let him know...We had 2 rooms and both were fine....No mold........we were on the 8th and 16th floors. Take a right outside of hotel and you are in Times Square within minutes...take a left or shortcut across the street and you are at Grand central within minutes.....great location and staff......no worries if you stay here....if you get a room that isnt up to your standards just let them know and I am sure they will switch rooms for you! Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank LLH58
Reviewed June 22, 2010

this was the 4th stay for us...the location is the best...one block from grand central...the lobby and bar is hard to beat...it is a very old hotel , very grand, very stately...granted the rooms are on the small side and many need a little overhaul...but the customer service is the best when something needs to be replaced or fixed..which greatly makes up for any of its' downfalls. we were able to get a great package rate on the hotel website and will stay there again

1  Thank dp1969
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We were due to stay at the Roosevelt for two nights before returning home after a great trip to the states. On arrival there was nobody to help with bags which would have been useful as my wife is pregnant. We got our room key and even before getting to the room not only were the lifts dirty but the corridor still had rubbish outside rooms, surprising as we arrived at 9pm and you would have thought housekeeping would have dealt with it. Our room didn't get any better. The a/c unit was rusty and didn't look as if it had ever been cleaned. The net curtains were stained and had holes in, along with the bedside lamps which also had faulty bulbs. The toilet seat was also broken. At this point we left the room and I aired my concerns to the reception team who's attitude was "couldn't care less". Whilst at the reception two other guests were raising complaints, one regarding room cleanliness and the other about personal items been stolen from there room, a worrying situation.
An alternative room was offered but by this stage we left returning to The Ritz Carlton, where we had stayed on our outward journey. Having visited The States on many occasions this is quite honestly the worse hotel I have been to and wouldn't recommend it.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

We were very disappointed and felt slightly mistreated. Upon check-in, our reservation was messed up and they guy tried to make it our fault even though I had documentation to support our reservation. The room was slightly smaller than the picture but the bathroom was in need to a serious update. Cracked tiles, no space to put anything, mold in the shower, etc. The carpet was disgusing, with old gum or something stuck in the carpet in various spots. One bed was very lumpy and the other was fine. EVERYTHING is extra. I spent a lot of time across the cafe across the street because the wireless was about $15 dollars PER DAY at the hotel. We were there for 5 days! The staff was ridiculously snooty ... right down to the crabby people serving Starbucks in the lobby. Yes ... we even had to pay for over-priced coffee in the morning. Our housekeeper was great (however, our great treatment may have come from the fact that I tipped her well each day).
NYC is great in spite of the rude people. However, it would be nice to feel a little at home at the hotel after a long day of spending lots of money and putting up with more hostility than we're used to. I've NEVER complained about a hotel before. I feel kind of guilty ... But this kind of stunk. I'd probably even stay in Jersey and take the train in before staying at this place again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2010

My husband and I just spent 5 nights at the Roosevelt Hotel for our anniversary and had the best time. My husband booked directly with the hotel and was able to get an amazing deal. AT the time of booking he told them it was our anniversary and they said we would try and upgrade us if it was available. Our room was not ready when we arrived so we stored it and went on our day trip. They called us while we were out, and when we checked in they gave us a SUITE!!! We couldn't have asked for better accomidations in NYC! I read reviews before I left and was having doubts about what I was reading...yes the place is little dated, but remember it has been around since the 1920's and the lobby is stunning! Everyone there was amazing and helpful! The location was perfect! Everything was within a 5 minute walk, such as Grand Central Station, Times Square, resturants & pubs......Madison Avenue and 5th Avenue......We have found our diamond in the rough. So Please ignore the reviews and stay there. We stayed from June 10 to June 15, 2010, and we will definately be back!!!!!

2  Thank rundle2883