“Central location, good value for money”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan
Ranked #291 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Good points: great location - midtown, around the corner from 2 subway stops. Good-sized bedroom (in need of redecorating) and bathroom, clean and comfortable, free wifi, good breakfast. Rooftop bar with good view of Empire State building, accessible by non-residents. Staff polite and helpful.
Bad points: The slowest lifts in the whole city - there are only 2 for the whole building. Can be a loooooong wait especially in the evenings with people wanting to go to the bar on the 14th floor. Difficult to find a table at breakfast during busy period. Noisy - even though our room was at the back, away from the street, there was a huge bunch of very noisy teenagers staying in the hotel. Take your earplugs. Rooftop bar extremely crowded at the weekend - go early if you want a seat.
Points of interest: You can book a shuttle to the airport. The restaurant next to the hotel - the Wonjo - does an excellent Korean barbecue.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back, away from the street are quieter. Bar on the 14th floor is noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stepballchange
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan

Reviewed 13 March 2012

So I stayed at the La quinta Inn for four days with some girlfriends. My stay was awesome. Ill start at the airport. I got in late from Chicago and I was assuming my cab ride would be expensive. I flew in from LGA. At the taxi stand the attendant will ask you what city. Once in the taxi the driver asked where was I going. I gave the address and the driver asked was it between 5th and 6th. Since I did my research I knew that it was. He asked which way would I like him to go. I said the fasted. He took the tunnel. The ride was maybe 20 min. And the fare was like $25. Wow! Cheap! Check inn was easy. The room was clean. Im glad I decided to stay in my own room separate from my girlfriends because the rooms are small! However it was really clean, the water was hot, the sheets were warm, the heat worked, no smells, no bugs. No loud noises. I have no complaints. I had the breakfast which was good. I liked the apple juice. The area cant be beat. Its on this block that takes you to asia! Your right off of the famous 5th ave. right down the street from Macys, Madison Square garden, The empire state building. Lots of gift shops, restaurants, little bars. The sub way is right there. This is the place to stay it cant be beat. I payed $99 a night on southwest.com

Room Tip: No more then 4 in a cab. Me and my friends found this out while trying to get to some attractions. W...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank strawberryshtc
applecorehotelsstaff, Operations Associate at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear strawberryshtc,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a great stay and hope you had fun in the city with your friends! Our rooms vary in size, but most about the same size as other hotels in Manhattan. Most of our guests also love the location, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and free domestic phone calls.
We hope that if you and your friends return to New York City, you will stay with us again!
Liz from Apple Core Hotels

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Really pleased with our hotel. The staff has been extremely helpful and the hotel is very centrally located. Our room is typical of NY rooms small but very clean and good wifi access. The breakfast in the morning is substantial. Our room was for the most part quiet at night, and the beds were very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We were in a room away from the street which proved to be very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelingTch
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Small room good brekfest neer the empire state buildind and macyes
Good location for shopping trip

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here 3 nights, February 18-20. King room, spacious, clean, and good hot shower with good pressure. Bed very comfortable, firm but with pillow-top. Breakfast buffet had good selection and was frequently replenished, even up to closing time. Staff was courteous and helpful. Subway entrance at corner, steps away. Herald Square two short blocks away, as is Empire State Building. Can't beat the location. Rate was reasonable, especially for NYC. We definitely will return, and we highly recommend the LQ Manhattan.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank STEVEN F
Reviewed 28 February 2012

we stayed here only 1 night because of a bad experience at the Royal Park Hotel and Hostel, and we found them very clean , they even upgraded us to a king sized bed at no charge!
the location is perfect, the staff was friendly and overall it was a very nice place.
we will come back next time we are in NYC !

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We were very pleased with our stay. Front desk staff were very courteous and helpful. Did not run into any rudeness as other reviewers seem to have. Yes, they are undergoing some renovation I supposed to the front of the hotel, so there is scafolding out front, but it's the same way with half the buildings in NYC. Our room was clean, and larger than we expected. Room with 2 queens and plenty of room to move around in. Pretty much no view as we were on 3rd floor. Our room faced another building and rooftop equipment. But, how much time do you spend in there looking out the window? The only complaint we had was the slow elevators. Quite a wait sometimes and half the time by the time it got down to the 3rd floor, it was full. So, request a lower room floor and use the stairs, or a higher level floor so you can get an elevator before it's full. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kacunningham
applecorehotelsstaff, Operations Associate at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear kacunningham,
Thank you for your kind review. We’re glad you found our staff friendly and the room to be comfortable. We are sorry about the slow elevators. Sometimes, especially during busy morning hours, they can get held up on each floor. We hope this did not inconvenience you.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Liz from Apple Core Hotels