All reviews shakespeare festival room was clean two blocks free breakfast family suite waffles rooms are large ice machine stay there again the location is perfect coffee maker parking lot short drive nice breakfast biscuits and gravy bryce canyon cedar breaks
Reviewed September 10, 2018

I was traveling by myself and normally don't stay in motels because I like room entry to be in a secure hallway. But when I checked into my room (late at night), I was wowed. Any concern became a non-issue. Here are some of the things that I was taken aback by. Open entering, the room had an overwhelming wonderful smell. The room was very clean and big, to boot! The vanity portion of the bathroom was very well lit, which is not the norm. There was even natural light from a security glass window.There was both a microwave and a refrigerator. I felt very secure in the room even though the whole front was a wall of beautiful windows, floor to ceiling. I came in late and phoned the front desk to let them know. They assured me that they would be there when I got in. I was only there for one night, but wish I could have stayed longer - in this room!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Susan T, Director of Sales at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and great rating. It means so much to us that your stay wa a good one, including a safe and secure one. We strive to provide you with a safe and comfortable place to lay your head. We hope to see you again!!

Reviewed August 26, 2018

We've stayed her many times and the property has updated the rooms and was very comfortable. Staff was great and breakfast was OK. We especially appreciated the willingness of housekeeping to clean our room at the times requested. This is easy walking distance to the Utah Shakespeare Festival venues.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

We really like staying at the El Rey and stay there every time we come to the Shakespeare Festival. We like being able to just walk to the plays. This time the room was not as clean as usual but I reported it to the desk and they said that they would definitely notify housekeeping. So I’m sure that they will deal with that.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Susan T, Director of Sales at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

We love that you continue staying with us. We apologize that the room was not as clean as it should be. We have addressed it and are working on a better solution. We have been hiring new employees and that always seems to be a work in progress. Thank you for making us aware of the situation. Our goal is to alway provide a clean and comfortable place to stay.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

From the initial approach you have the impression that this is an updated motel. Not so. The room was clean, but dated. The bed was comfortable but the sheets were thread bare and flimsy. Guess I’m just too picky. No. This would not be my first choice on my next trip even though the cost was under $100/night.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Susan T, Director of Sales at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We have discussed the sheet issue. We DID do a renovation a few years ago. We apologize that you felt it was dated. We are looking into what we can do to improve. Again, our apologies that you were not happy.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Very disappointing. I do not like to write bad reviews, (rather leave no review than a bad one in case it was a one-off experience) but Trip Advisor reviews let me down on this one. The front desk guy was nice, but the room was not up to our standards. That is all I will say. It seemed dirty, out dated and even the walking areas hadn't been cleaned in a very long time.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Susan T, Director of Sales at El Rey Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

We are so sorry that your stay was bad. From all the reviews you can see it is not our usual standard. Tripadvisor didn't let you down. we did. We wish you would contact us so that we can make this right. You are very improtant to us and what you say to us, is very improtant to us.