“Nope, nope, nope”
Review of Fassler Hall

Fassler Hall
Ranked #444 of 818 Restaurants in Little Rock
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fassler Hall. Such a profound disappointment. I was so excited to have this business in Little Rock, I visited early(3/3). Although I went with really no expectations I was deeply disappointed. On a busy Saturday night, I found a seat at a crowded bar and was greeted and served a beer promptly. Bartenders get five stars. But from there... music is too loud and songs were absurdly bad. Tubthumping, snoop Dogg, Poison, Motley Crue. songs weren’t bad if it wasn’t pounding from the central juke box that just felt like I was being yelled at. I ordered food and it took entirely too long. It arrived cold, and the bun my brat was served on had a blue-green spot on it. Not saying mold, I’m saying any kitchen with interest in quality wouldn’t have served that plate. Reorder came back with my entree still cold and my side obviously microwaved. The bar manager did ask and I told him was okay but at this point it was so far gone I didn’t care. Red cabbage, spicy. I’ve never heard of such. The lack of effort and attention to detail in the kitchen are absurd. The beer list is underwhelming, obviously a facsimile of what corporate overseers in Oklahoma consider to be a diverse beer hall menu. It is lacking in local offerings, it lacks novel offerings from several excellent Oklahoman or regional offerings, and generally is disappointing to even the modestly craft beer acquainted. That night, as I sat at the bar, a couple of seats down from me was obviously having some contentious conversation. They had over-consumed and were back and forth on all the things wrong with their relationship. What a joy, to sit at a bar on Saturday night and listen to domestic discord. I alerted the bartender that I thought something was wrong. She took no action. They just sat there, arguing. Total high point of my night, listening to drunk people argue, thinking a female is in distress.
Lastly, i paid my tab and left, only to awake the next day and discover that I had not only been charged my tab, but someone else’s as well!!! So great! It only took me an entire month and 5 phone calls, an email, and a text message to get he money that was incorrectly withdrawn from my account back. Please skip this place. It really has no redemptive quality.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

All in all this place is more of a bar than a Bavarian restaurant. The beer choices were good, and the food choices okay. My wife and I both tried the pretzels as an appetizer. They were hot and tasty as they should be. The schnitzel sandwiches for $8.50 were disappointing on every level. The breaded meat between two slices of bread was slightly warmer than room temperature. When we realized that nothing else came with the sandwich, we ordered some German potato salad and french fries which were $5.00 each. The potato salad was more like bland smashed potatoes and the fries were barely warm. We were completely disappointed with the food, however we'd come back to this place for some pretzels and beer.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you are going there for beer and pretzels, it’s probably fine. But it’s also advertised as a Bavarian restaurant, which sets a higher level of expectation.

I got the schnitzel dinner and it really wasn’t very good. All I could taste was the breading. The mushroom gravy had hardly any flavor at all and very little actual mushrooms in it. I should have taken a photo.

It came with 2 sides. I got the red cabbage and the German potato salad. The sides were edible, but the potato salad was cold and creamy and definitely not German. It also really didn’t have any flavor.

Was really hoping for better food. Not sure I would try again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It was a chilly, blustery day in Little Rock, when a friend and I met for lunch at Fassler Hall. Just the kind of day that makes me crave sausages and fries, and the selections at this restaurant are awesome! I enjoyed a Bratwurst, which came with a bun and kraut and was just what I was wanting. She had the Lamb sausage, which was absolutely delicious. The REALLY good news is that up until 2:00 p.m. each day, an order of their fabulous Duck Fat Fries (which taste like a very good quality regular french fry to me) comes with all the sandwich orders at no extra charge! I had a Bitburger Pilsner, which our excellent server, Tommy, brought to me, along with a chilled mug. It was the perfect compliment to my brat and kraut. Tommy kept our water glasses topped off and we couldn't have been happier. At $6 for the Brat, Kraut, and Fries, and $5 for the beer, it was a very reasonably priced lunch.
It was too cold to sit outside in the Beer Garden, but we are looking forward to that in warmer weather.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We decided to give the Hall a try last night for dinner and wish we had gone somewhere else.The German beer selections are really good but the food was not what we expected.We both ordered the schnitzel sandwich and were not impressed at all,a pre breaded piece of meat and a slice of Gouda cheese that would of been better if it had been melted.We ordered a side of duck fat fries and they were really good but not worth $6,We ordered a $5 side of Red Cabbage thinking it would be like we get at the Pantry but we were wrong,undercooked and bland.