“Gone downhill in past year”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center
Ranked #28 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Gone downhill in past year”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The TV remote control was not in the room. We called the front desk, they said they would send it up. Two hours later we called again and were told the same thing. When we checked out the next day, we still did not have a remote. The TV was nearly impossible to use without a remote because of the nearly invisible touch pads that could not be seen with the low lighting in the room.

No vent in the bathroom!!

The people at the front desk were rude both in person and on the phone, and not helpful at all about scheduling shuttle service via the hotel's vans.

This is the second time we have stayed at this LaQuinta and it will be our last. There were problems during our previous stay also, but on that visit the staff was helpful and apologetic. Obviously, things have changed in the past year.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here for about 2 1/2 weeks while doing some work at the airport. The staff was pretty friendly and the service was good.

The rooms weren't spectacular by any stretch but were decent. They were clean and had comfortable beds. I can't ask for much else. The suites were pretty nice. I stayed in one the last week of my stay. They have a larger floor plan and decent view of the skyline from the top floor. The hotel offers a free breakfast but they close it up earlier than other hotels I've stayed in. They also have a pool that I didn't use. The fitness center is pretty crappy honestly, but it works in a pinch.

This is the reason I'm leaving a poor mark for location. It's not really near anything unless you're doing business down town. As for restaurants and what not in the area; there is some fast food. There's a diner around the corner and back a couple blocks that's pretty good. Be careful if out and about, especially late at night. I was approached by a few shady characters begging for food and money. No different than any other larger city I've stayed in though. Just use common sense.

The hotel shuttle is definitely convenient. They will drop you off and pick you up at the River Market which is very nice. There are several good restaurants and bars in that area. I personally recommend Gussano's for pizza. It's excellent.

I'd stay here again if my company made me, otherwise I'd stay somewhere in the River Market District if visiting Little Rock.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bviper04
Clarksville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed down here for the New Year holiday because it was close to where my group was going out. The free shuttle to and from our going out spots was amazing and very friendly! Great stay overall!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed here for two weeks and had no complaints. The rooms are comfortable, good tv and bathrooms. Love that they are pet friendly. I would recommend this property.
Becci

• Stayed December 2011
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Please do not stay at this hotel. Our room along with 7 others were robbed by a homeless man that the staff gave storage room closet keys to. The staff are in on this guy stealing too - they saw him on camera and have his pic and will not even cooperate with their Corporate Office or the Little Rock Police Dept.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Sherri D

Travellers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We booked this hotel last minute when we decided that we needed to drive further than Memphis. We were comfortable in our room with with a king bed. There was just enough floor space for our son to inflate his aerobed and for the dog to settle into her bed. Room was clean and front desk staff was friendly both at night and in the early morning. They were just setting out the breakfast when we were leaving in the morning but it seemed adequate. Parking garage had a gate and security guards were seen walking around the grounds. It was a bit challenging to find a place to walk the dog which is typical in downtown locations. Hotel was just a short drive off I40 and probably a lot quieter than those right on the hwy.

• Stayed December 2011
los angeles
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I have stayed here twice and I will be back. I have no complaints. The hotel is situated in a great location, surrounded by tons of fast food places within quick walking distance, which is a huge factor for me. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The parking is in a secure garage real close to the hotel (security guard usually present). The front desk staff is super friendly especially that pretty blond lady even though she's a Cardinal's fan... (smile)...I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business