“Not luxurious, sometimes problematical, but I keep coming back...”

Super 8 El paso Airport
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Not luxurious, sometimes problematical, but I keep coming back...”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I've used this hotel some 15-20 times over the past ten years for business travel. I've experienced management changes and the good/bad/ugly of two-star hotels. But during the past three years I've seen a definite improvement in all areas, from customer service ("uncaring" has become "very friendly") to room condition ("shabby" has become "modest but clean") to free breakfast in the dining area ("cold packaged danish" has become "hot, real food"). This location IS older, and it shows. There are no inside hallways, all rooms open to the elements. Heating and A/C units can vary from room to room, as does WiFi connectivity. But over the years I've used this hotel I've learned a few basics that make each stay comfortable for me: 1) Check out the room before settling down, and if there's any problem let management know; they'll most likely try to accommodate a polite request. 2) Don't expect five-star quality for two-star prices. 3) If you really must have quiet, ask for a second floor room away from I-10 and not facing the pool. 4) If wi-fi is really important (it is to me, a wired business traveler) check it out from your room when you first arrive and ask to be moved if you're not satisfied. And why do I keep coming back? Because it's an easily accessible location with comfortable beds at a decent per-night price and (since about 2008) friendly, helpful employees who make me feel welcome. Oh...and the Tony Lama store next door is a great place to get some new boots at a great price.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are on the second floor, towards the back, away from the pool. If you want good wi-fi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
bestwesternairport, General Manager at Super 8 El paso Airport, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I also want to thank you for being a valued guest to us for so many years. I am happy to hear that we have been able to improve in some aspect and will continue to strive to improve for you and all of our guests. We will also be looking into the wireless issues to ensure that our guests regardless of room location can have a strong connection. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do on your next trip to El Paso and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Anel Labrado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I needed a good clean two star hotel and i think they have one of the best ones in El Paso hands down. I have stayed in the La Quinta in El Paso and while it is ok it is a step down from this Best Western hotel. This hotel has charming interior courtyards with an oval pool in the upper courtyard and a fountain in the lower. It has a well equipped exercise room and a very good breakfast that includes eggs , fruit, and freshly made waffles among the other usual things. They dont scrimp. The hotel has a fresh coat of paint and has been recently renovated. My room was very clean and had a fantastic new bed with crisp white linens . It had a fridge and microwave in the kitchen area, a newly tiled bath , and had fresh paint and carpet. I was pleased and slept well in that great bed. My room was very similar in quality to a average Hampton or Holiday inn or newer Comfort Suites. Now, I dont know if all the rooms are this newly updated or not and it is still an older hotel with an in wall heating and cooling unit and outdoor hallways but I loved the room and I will return. Good deal at a great price. Great staff and free airport shuttle. Pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank TNedge
Chungju, South Korea
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Granted this is not a 5-star hotel, but one would expect the rooms to be maintained and cleaned. Stayed 6 nights there. The sink was clogged, took me two days to get them to come fix it. The shower leaks constantly, the A/C unit is craked to the point outside air and critters get in. The door requires multiple attempts at opening and closing it... it was insane. Never mind housekeeping service on Sunday... not happening. Overall for the money paid, not a great value. My recommendation is, find somewhere else, do not waste your money!

Room Tip: request second floor room towards the back
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
bayamon
Reviewed 21 May 2011

It's very good specially Mrs Alejandrina and most of the staff. Just one thing, the shuttle. They do not take you to Walmart any more and if you need it to or from the airport it's kind of difficult. (even the offer on line 24 hour service) I'll keep staying there. Keep up with the good job.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Convenient to airport but not up to many Best Westerns in which we have stayed. Staff was fine but the whole place is in need of update.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Nothing special but the price was right. If you are expecting luxury, this isn't the place. Location was fine, no noise, small rooms and comp breakfast was decent. For a $50-60 stay for a night, this place is OK.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I had the unfortunate experience of staying at this pathetic excuse for a hotel. The carpet was dirty, the ac sounded like a semi truck, and the bed was tiny. If you stay here be sure to being a weapon as you are staying in the barrio (ghetto). The sheets on the bed did not cover the mattress and my feet were touching the bare mattress. After tossing and turning and fearing for our lives, we decided to pack our bags and leave at 2am. I would never stay here again, even for free. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple