Impressive old style hotel! The bar has Tiffany domed glass ceilings, a gorgeous banquet room and restaurant. The mezzanine level was beautiful, a good place to relax. The rooms were comfortable, older tvs though. The only bad thing about the room was that our tub would not drain. The roof top pool was freezing cold and did not get much sun, but the view from the workout room was nice. Housekeeping was prompt, extremely courteous and thorough.
The real drawback is that this hotel is in downtown El Paso, in not the best of neighborhoods. Finding the parking was a pain because half of the street was blocked off for construction. I'd have to admit I was a little uncomfortable driving around alone at night in the nieghborhood, and was instructed not to go walking alone after dark.
The hotel was lovely. Its the location I'm not crazy about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1912, our Texas landmark hotel is located in the heart of downtown El Paso, adjacent to the El Paso Convention Center and within walking distance of museums, historic San Jacinto Plaza, Downtown Entertainment and Business Districts. Guests will enjoy La Huerta Restaurant Open from 6 am until 11 pm, opened from Mon to Sunday Dome Restaurant Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 5 pm to 11 pm Pool Open from 6 am to 11 pm Gym open 24hrs Room service from 6 am until 12 am Secured underground parking Complimentary airport shuttle safe deposit box bilingual staff Business center 24Hrs Union Plaza District about 20 restaurants and bars just 5 min in walking distance Chihuahua's Baseball Stadium 1 block away Hudson Williams Convention center across the street San Jacinto Plaza only 1 block away Museum of art across the street Museum of History 2 blocks away Public Library 3 block away SunBowl Stadium 2 min drive Cincinati District with bars and restaurants next to UTEP only 5 min drive - Located in the Hearth of El Paso, a Texas Landmark part of Historic Hotels of America, with Texas Sized rooms, and a distintion in service with 357 rooms and 19 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Camino Real El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Camino Real Hotel El Paso
- El Paso Camino Real