“great weelend value”

Ranked #23 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Ocean View, Delaware
“great weelend value”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Great value nice room exept the temperature control did not work the room was 55 degreeas when we arrived turned the stat on and the room warmed up but kept warming up it got up to 80 degrees and I could not get the heat off execpt to klii the unit. this hotel has not upgraded the TV service to a control with a GUIDE button outher Marriotts I have stayed have up graded TV service

Room Tip: Viset the room before un packing
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Just returned home after spending 3 days at this hotel. The hotel was under renovations during my last visit but this time we were able to see all of the improvements. The front desk is warm and inviting and the great room area is nice and roomy. The foyer has the ambiance of being at a resort. As always, the front desk personnel always go over and above what is expected of them as well as the rest of the hotel staff. The sleep rooms are nicely appointed and the beds are wonderful! We requested a accessible room and needed a wheelchair at one point which they gladly provided. There was a challenge with the toilet and before the ink was dry on the work order it was fixed. Could not access the internet in our room and one of the hotel staff members took the time to walk us through step by step to gain access. Room service was exceptional and not only were the servings ample but tasty and warm as well. There is an onsight spa facility, an indoor pool, exercise room, restaurant, business center, conference center and shuttle service. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and the airport is less than 5 miles away. Parking spaces are plentiful and security was never an issue. When traveling to El Paso whether for buiness or pleasure the El Paso Airport Marriott is the place to stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Whenever I visit El Paso again, I will stay here again. Very nice atmosphere, friendly employees, great amenities...very nice experience. I had some issues with the TV and within minutes, I had someone there to fix it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Texas & Washington
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stopped one night on our way through El Paso and were very impressed. Even though a college football team was staying there, we experienced no noise or other problems. As an older hotel, rooms are a bit small -- particularly bathrooms -- but a recent update has made them very functional and attractive. We were upgraded to the concierge level and were blown away by the friendliness of the concierge staff as well as the evening and morning refreshments. The beds are a dream, TV worked well and everything else was as it should be. Staff was both pleasant and efficient and provided excellent direction regarding restaurant choices. We were sorry that we had a long day of driving ahead of us and could not stay longer.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed one night while traveling, after reviewing tripadvisor reports on hotels in El Paso, and I'm so glad we did. The hotel is the team hotel for an upcoming college football bowl event, and despite the crowd we were able to sleep soundly in the quiet rooms. No airport noise, no problem with hallway noise. Yes, the rooms are small. It is an older hotel, which gives the thicker, quieter, walls and floors, and the small rooms. I will trade space for a quiet, dark room to sleep in, while I'm away from home. Good customer service, nice furnishings and a GREAT night's rest.

Room Tip: As for a quiet room on a higher floor, we faced the pool (no one using it due to cold weather).
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CarolBPA
New Mexico
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This Marriott is within walking distance of the El Paso Airport and has all the amenities you'd expect in a Marriott. Check-in was easy and although they are remodeling the lobby, there is no disruption in service. The room was as advertised and their free parking while away is a huge bonus. A 24-hour shuttle is an unusual benefit as many hotels near the airport start at 7 a.m. and stop at 11 pm. I would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewMexicoSilverqueen
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Checking in was very nice and easy the guy at the front desk was very helpful, the concierge staff offered their help during this process, but then this was overshadowed by everthing else.

1. I'm not a lawyer but this hotel does not seem to be in compliant with the Disable Act, if you are disable and require the use a wheel chair this is going to be problematic, starting with the access ramps, besides the lobby which was OK, there are some ramps that you will not be able to use unless somebody is helping you, as for the restrooms good luck with that.

2. Phones did not work for two days, you could not even make a calls room to room, do they know how bad this is when you have an event in process with 10-15 guests staying in the same hotel? fortunatelly there were no emergencies but this is how number three observation was borned.

3. The service personnel was terrible, the Lobby gals did not want to provide any help at all, they did not even pretent to try to help you with your questions.

4. The communication with the office personnel and the Lobby personnel was not there, after the office personnel leave for the day, I got the impresion that the lobby took over the operations of the hotel, in other words, their answers were the rule and they were not even considering to find the right answer.

5. Trash on the hallways stayed there for more than 24 hours, this is just terrible when there is food on some of those containers, even the room/servicing crew did not pick them up, it seems they have a different crew taking care of this task. VERY DISAPOINTING

6. If you want Wi-Fi you will have to pay $12.00 or so a day, this is not expected and is terrible, in this day an age you will expect this service for free.

7. Quite annoying not to even have toiled paper available in the room, not the end of the world but it is very annoying.

8. Did I mentioned that I did not receive a printed copy of the service provided? you know that nice little piece of paper showing all the charges that all the hotels provide?
I stopped by the Lobby on my way out, and they were not able to print me a copy due to some printer problems, so I asked them to email me a copy, and they are not even capable to do that either, I'm still waiting.............

So I decided to call them, now they are asking me to download some form from their website fill it out and fax it back to them so they can send me an email with the invoice attached to it. Are you kidding me?

9. TV service terrible as well, the TV channels were freezing and jumping every other second, having the macro-block effect on the video.

10. Food at the restaurant is OK I ate there once, but it is to expensive, the food they serve is nothing extraordinary, nothing that can justified the cost, I opted to eat outside, there are plenty of restaurants close by.

With all the issues, the lobby was not very helpful in providing feedback, I would have been fine if they have come to my room and give me a status but they were not even willing to do that, I think the lobby personnel needs training to know how to handle so many situations, it seems they were overwelmed and did not know how to react, I know they can do much better than this.

In summary,
My experience was so terrible that I will not consider the Marriot hotels, any Marriot hotel in the world to stay there for a night.

Room Tip: Select a room in the 6th floor
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business