“Happy belly”

La Cosecha Modern Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cosecha Modern Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 475 Restaurants in Ventura
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I am staying at the Crown Plaza hotel for work this week. I didn't feel like going out for dinner, so went down to La Cosecha. The chips were warm and fresh, the salsa was great. I ordered the tortilla soup and short ribs. I could have just done the soup, but glad I did the ribs. The soup was outstanding, the ribs were so tender and served with mashed potatoes and asparagus.I took a piece of brulee cheese cake to go. Imagine a cheese cake and an angel food cake have a love child. That is this cake. It's also a nice looking place, and the music was good. They have a nice patio. I have to be at work before breakfast starts, but it sounds good. I would recommend this whether or not you are staying at this hotel.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank cgirod

Reviewed March 31, 2018

this restaurant is part of the Crown plaze hotel so convenient and the food is pretty good, like the salsa and good selection and good staff. The storm chaser says good choice

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 13, 2018

The Crown Plaza's restaurant has continued to decline in flavor, quality, and service ever since chef Nic Manocchio left what was then C-Street. Nom Tequilla Bar tried hard to live up to the expectations but never quite made it. And La Cosecha is an embarrassment. We hope someday soon a quality restaurant will return to the CP.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

Don’t know why this location has been troubled in the past ... loved the last restaurant that was in that location. Sadly it didn’t make it. It’s in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, but please don’t let that scare you. This is not a crappy hotel restaurant.!The food is divine! Service was above average. And we will definitely go there again. Whether you’re visiting Ventura or a local (me) I would highly recommend it. My husband is one of those who will order fajitas no matter which Mexican restaurant he goes to. He loved them. Two of us ordered the salmon asado and it was perfect. Crispy on the outside and juicy in the center. Another ordered the La Cosecha Torta which is a high end burger and soooo worthy. Did I mention crispy tasty fries?
I noticed on the chicken mole entree that frijoles borrachos were a side. If it’s the same recipe as the previous restaurant, it rocks. I will try it next time.
Additionally, many other traditional Mexican dishes. The chips and salsa on the table are great while you’re trying to decide what to order . Do go there!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 10, 2017

La Cosecha is the latest restaurant to occupy the great space at the Crown Plaza hotel in Ventura. It's a few steps from the beach and has tables outside to enjoy the views. We visited for lunch after having read a good review in the VC Reporter. I love mole so I was glad to order some even though it was not on the lunch menu. I was a bit disappointed; it was not all that flavourful and the chicken was a bit dried out. Lots of ice in the margaritas made me switch to beer in order to have enough liquid to wash my food down. They did serve some wonderful warm chips and I would return if only to sit outside, have a few cervezas and chips and salsa. Hope this restaurant makes good use of this space; would be willing to give it another try although there are lots of good choices for Mexican in Ventura.

Date of visit: November 2017