“Wedding ”
Review of Inn on the Beach

Inn on the Beach
Ranked #7 of 9 Ventura B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here before. This time room was in good condition with exception and big exception - the carpet. It even made the room smell!

I stayed one night and my daughter the other. She said her husband thought it was great.

I was worried about her asthma though. Can't figure out why they don't invest in a good deep carpet cleaning.

The breakfast is not so adequate. Nothing fresh.

Otherwise, the location is the star of this motel being smack dab on the beach.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 June 2017

The best thing about this place is that it is right on the beach,steps from the parking lot and good places to eat within a few short steps.We ate at Social Tap a local beer joint that had great food and a Bloody Mary Bar (make your own).

Room Tip: If you are bringing any kind of Surfboard or paddle board it would be a good idea to get a room on t...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Inn on the Beach during a work trip that had me traveling up the California coast area for about a week. After the extreme frantic hustle & bustle of the San Diego and LA areas, it was nice to pull off the freeway to Seaward Ave and find that my hotel was at the end of a dead-end cul-de-sac right on the beach. Because the street is a dead end, there is not as much traffic here, just a cute village feel with seafood eateries, a wonderful coffee shop, a bar or two, and the hotel at the end on the beach.

I've read some of the reviews here, and a few seem pretty harsh and don't reflect my experience staying at the Inn. Yes, it's an old hotel -actually, I wish I knew how old, it seems there might be a cool history here. And like any old building, there are areas that seem worn, and quirky water issues, but my room was clean enough and had a great balcony with unending ocean views.

I had a third floor room and I think the views are best. The bed was a little firm for my taste, but had nice soft clean linens. There is a flat screen TV, refrigerator, and hair dryer in the room. There is a microwave in the breakfast room which I think was on the second floor. Coffee is available there as well; no in-room coffee pot.

The bathroom was updated with a walk in shower. Interestingly enough, although the fixtures are updated, you can tell you are dealing with an old water / plumbing system -as adjusting the water temperature in the shower is a challenge. Also, the toilet flush chain kept separating from the apparatus in the tank, so I had to fix that a couple of times so the water would run endlessly in the toilet tank.

Interesting antique furniture and fussy pink rose wallpaper give a great historic feel. Parking and wi-fi are free.

I had a friendly seagull who took up residence on my balcony for my stay. :)

I highly recommend a latte or frappe from Kay's Coffee Shop just down from the hotel. GREAT coffee. Also, Seaward Village Fish N Chips for lunch or dinner. Yum.

The desk staff could not have been friendlier and the location can't be beat. I would stay here again for sure if in the area.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

This Motel/B&B has a great location and that's about all I can say is great. I am accustomed to staying at nice hotels. We chose to stay here based on location to the beach as well as it's walking distance to my brother's house. He wasn't sure about the rooms but said "the place is always busy". I decided to take a leap of faith and book it. The place is so outdated, dirty and disgusting I wouldn't even let my kids stay here in fear of their health. They stayed at my brother's house on the couch and my husband and I rode it out and stayed at the Inn. First off, the elevator smells like someone emptied out an old overfilled vacuum bag and rubbed it into walls and carpet. Second, everything, I mean everything is DIRTY old, and disgusting! The ceiling drywall in the bathroom is falling down and shedding disease infested black stuff onto our belongings, the air filters in the ceilings and vents is shedding this same disgusting black stuff. I'm not sure the air filters have ever been changed and this hotel is OLD. I'm also not sure how this hotel could ever pass an inspection. I want to gag just thinking about it. After reading other reviews I found all of the complaints to be very valid. Screen doors falling off, carpeting old stained and disgusting, dirty box fan, shotty remodel/fix it's done, and THE SMELL. This place is not worth any amount of money and either needs to be shut down or completely gutted. The owners are sitting on a gold mine. Considering there are 26 rooms they are pulling over $3000/night when full! I'm sure they have $$ leftover after paying mortgage, taxes, employees and overhead. DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS PLACE UP! It's a complete dump. I will never stay here again and I let my brother know to not recommend this to anyone else!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2017

pleasant stay, even though I was gone most of day. location is great. Inn needs some TLC as it has been well used and somewhat neglected. There was a definite sewer smell one day. Not sure what that was all about, but it did go away.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3 floors best to reserve
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2017

In the middle of the night a mouse was running around my room. I asked for help and the night attendant said she couldn't help. "The mice come in when it rains, talk to the manager" I complained to the staff manager he said there are no mice, its been 6 months since he's heard anyone complaint, then he says, " Actually, we don't have a mice problem" He said he would talk to the owner and call me back. Never called back. I sent emails, photos, video. NO ONE CARES!
Their so called "free" breakfast is just frozen pastries, awful. This place is in a prime location but it's dirty, it smells awful in the whole building and its way too expensive for its filthiness and RATS!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

This place was great (besides the breakfast). . The bathrooms had been updated very nicely. The balcony was right on the beach. We stayed on the third floor but it took two seconds to walk down to the beach. Huge beds. Fireplace worked and kept the room warm but you also have AC which is nice. Fridge but no microwave. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends