“Best Mexican Food in Ventura”
Review of Two Trees Cafe

Two Trees Cafe
Ranked #49 of 475 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not only does Two Trees Restaurant and Taps have excellent breakfasts, they also have excellent dinners! The Burgers, Salads and traditional dinners are one of a kind. However, the Mexican food is the best in the County in my opinion. The Carne Asada plate, Taco Plate and of course the Molcajete are the best anywhere in the county.
Tonight I started with the Chicken Nachos, then I had the Chile Relleno plate with an enchilada, rice and beans. It was very tasty and plentiful. And to wash it all down with a Smokin' Cold beer was the biggest treat of the night. I say Smokin' Cold because when the beer is served, the mug is fully frosted and it appears the glass is smoking! Oh Yeah!
I was greeted by a very nice prompt hostess that was able to seat me, gave me a menu and ask for my drink request. All the wait staff was acknowledgeable with a hi and or a smile. My server, served me my beer request, then took my food order. She was very responsive, courteous, and professional during my stay.
The Chicago Bears vs the Green Bay Packers football game was on the big screen TV. I was able to watch the game, enjoy my beer with my Chicken Nachos while socializing with other patrons enjoying the football game. The menu gives me more variety of dishes compared to other restaurants. There is always a vibrant energy and a home feeling when I go to Two Trees. I always have a good time at Two Trees to see the Dodger games and now College and NFL Football games. It's a great comfortable place to be. I'll see y'all there soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Went there 10-7-18.
Got the fish and chips.
Fish batter was burnt and soggy.
Can't figure how they did that. Maybe oil was too cold when they put the fish in,
and then turned the heat way up to compensate, who knows, but it was bad. Fish was also tasteless and the fries were half burnt too.
Why are restaurants lazy and don't prep the potatoes before putting them through the chipper.
They didn't square off the potatoes and chipped them wile still round, there were slivers that burnt when they fried the larger pieces. Lots of restaurants do this. Lazy, lazy cooks. Hard to get good fish n chips in Ventura.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Two Trees serves breakfast in the morning, with a wide variety on the menu.

Lunch in the afternoon with a wide food and beer menu.

The same can be said for dinner.

The staff is always friendly, the food excellent!

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We've been here several times for breakfast and it's always great food. The menu has a large selection and even though they are busy on the weekend we got a table quickly. I usually get an omelette but can rarely finish my whole meal. The service is good and the coffee is strong and hot.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

The service here is always amazing and the food is consistently good. A few of our favorites are the enchiladas, chicken nachos, turkey burger and for breakfast the chefs omelette and the berry French toast.

1  Thank Kokonatsu

Been to Two Trees Cafe? Share your experiences!