“Always excellent”

Ranked #1 of 455 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Hours: Happy Hour Sunday 11:30 am - 6:00 pm and Monday - Friday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm. We have a Private Dining Room and offer Patio seating overlooking beautiful downtown Ventura! Lure Fish House was created with the goal of providing you with a Top Tier Seafood Experience featuring fresh and sustainable seafood from trusted sources. Our restaurant strives to provide locally caught seafood, organically grown local produce, and wines from local vineyards whenever possible. We also feature a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an oyster bar serving a variety of fresh items that can vary daily. Lure specializes in Mesquite charbroiled seafood while also providing uniquely prepared selections by our chef. We print our menus daily to reflect availability and guarantee freshness. Our primary goal is to provide you, our guest, a fun and exciting seafood experience. So just remember, "if you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish...Eat more fish!"
Reviewed January 19, 2018

Lure is a restaurant that has a full bar, a Happy Hour, and serves lunch and dinner.
When I go to Lure, I treat myself with the delicious raw oysters, from four different locations. The oysters are fresh and well prepared; cocktail sauce, and service are great. Then I have the fish and chips, substituting the chips with their signature cole slaw with pineapple. I have also had the fish taco, which features fried fish. Having eaten there several times, I can say that the fried fish is always done with fresh oil. My friend has the crab cakes which are consistently tasty.
The atmosphere in Lure is very friendly and helpful. Service is super, there are enough personnel, and the waiters are all friendly. Lure is very busy during Happy Hour, when the prices of everything, oysters, dinner menu, and drinks, are reduced. Families are more than welcome as well as small groups, couples, and singles. They only take reservations for groups of 8 or more, and not for Happy Hour. All in all, Lure is one of my favorite restaurants in the Ojai-Ventura area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

A welcoming restaurant with plenty of variety. A very tasty meal with perfectly cooked fish. The Parmesan potato cake is a must! Everyone in our group rated their meal very highly. Pleasant and very attentive staff. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 15, 2018

Good seafood is getting hard to find. Seems like most places offer Salmon and shrimp so they can check the seafood box. Lure on the other hand has an extensive fresh fish menu. I have been to their Westlake, Camarillo and Ventura locations. I like the Ventura location best for the quaint ambience and vibe you get from the local beach. It can get a little pricey so don't invite your in-laws when you go.

Reviewed January 15, 2018

I've been told this place is great so I was anxious to try it out. The restaurant was very noisy. It was hard to hold a conversation. Also, the lighting is poor. I guess I was expecting something more formal. The wait staff was very good and efficient. The food portions were very large but the quality was average. My brown rice was under-cooked and tasteless. The spinach was overcooked. The trout almondine was good but not great. They do not take reservations so I would recommend coming early to shorten the wait time. The best part of the meal was the blueberry cobbler. I really enjoyed that. Serving size is enough for 3 people.

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

It’s all about pleasing the customer here! A very friendly and efficient staff, take care of the customer in a modern,clean surrounding ,including a square bar and a sushi bar or cafe tables or booths, offering the freshest choice of Fish in a creative menu that even includes a tasty baked artichoke or festive salads for us vegetarians.

Been to Lure Fish House? Share your experiences!